Fps with 436 showing incorrect??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dangler

~LXG~
Jan 20, 2001
Bellevue, WA.
Visit site
I was using the Loki Patch with UT ver. 428, I thought everything was fine, I think I was getting around 55-60 fps on a GeForce2 Pro 64, when using the s3tc the detail textures looked great, but other textures looked like they were 16 bit, ( like the same problems with Quake3). So now I got 436. With 436 my frame rate counter never really goes above 10, sometimes 24 but stays REAL low about 5-7, only thing is that the game Isn't really choppy or anything, I don't think it's registering correctly, I've since turned OFF the s3tc as I'm not liking how the other texures look, Like the sky in Galleon is FuXored like a Q3 sky and other textures as well. In D3D everything looks cool but it's so Slow & Dark and no amount of Gamma correction works. So I guess it's at it's best overall with s3tc OFF. The sky in Galleon and other maps look alright now, no Detailed textures but all textures render well and look alright, I guess it's one or the other, But what about those FPS ??
I can't get my frames up with any amount of tweaking, doesn't make any sense, 64 MB video ram, 128 sys ram large swap file, Athlon733, so many problems with a Geforce2 PRO and UT & Q3 !!!

BTW- I tried the s3tc fix pack for Opengl games at gamebasement.com to try and get rid of the Color Banding, it turned every texture in UT white.