how too get more pll in ut3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
I find it really frustrating when heaps of "demoguys" are in a DM map, and most of them are really low skilled players and 1 is very highly skilled.
I tend to ease off a little for really easy players even without realizing, then I see another coming and BAM! It's the good player. Another dozen easy kills, then BAM! Caught off guard again.
Normally you could tell him apart by his character, it's annoying.
True, but any player who's formidable should be recognizable as such within half a second by their movement alone.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
I recognize them through names. Much easier.

You can't see their names.. (?)

True, but any player who's formidable should be recognizable as such within half a second by their movement alone.

Not always, sometimes it's a split second hesitation. And that's just an excuse anyway, surely you're not arguing it's alright for everyone to look the same.

Last edited:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
And that's just an excuse anyway, surely you're not arguing it's alright for everyone to look the same.

Certainly not. But I find the demoguy design-bug to be merely an oddity, not an annoyance. Maybe it's because when I play I treat everyone as if they might be the best player in the server. I suppose if I were less of a jerk I'd ease up on the beginners like I should eh. lol

In fact, often the demoguy thing actually works in one's favor against top players, because those players generally pick a (usually Necris) character that camouflages well, whereas demoguy usually makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
Certainly not. But I find the demoguy design-bug to be merely an oddity, not an annoyance. Maybe it's because when I play I treat everyone as if they might be the best player in the server. I suppose if I were less of a jerk I'd ease up on the beginners like I should eh. lol

In fact, often the demoguy thing actually works in one's favor against top players, because those players generally pick a (usually Necris) character that camouflages well, whereas demoguy usually makes them stick out like a sore thumb.

I like the Necris skin. It's my only defence.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com

I'm the same way, but even when the skins work, I'm doing that. Bad habits I guess. :p

I use Lauren, but I don't think I'm an add occurrence there, most of the puggers don't use Necris skins. janes doesn't, random doesn't, boots didn't, xellios didn't. :p

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
I'm the same way, but even when the skins work, I'm doing that. Bad habits I guess. :p

I use Lauren, but I don't think I'm an add occurrence there, most of the puggers don't use Necris skins. janes doesn't, random doesn't, boots didn't, xellios didn't. :p

So i'm the only person that runs around with Akasha with no shulders? Cool!

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006

True, Lauren is quite popular amongst top players, and use of female characters in general probably correlates with player skill better than Necris. The camouflage thing obviously depends on which level is up, and for some maps the Ronin/IronGuard coloring is better suited to be sure. Though I will say, in some levels Necris camo works astonishingly well (e.g. Akasha on Arsenal in the link/udamage room, it's uncanny).

More to the point though, compared to any of those, demoguy might as well be a flashing beacon. :)

Shadow]I[

Dec 3, 2002
Utah
IMO what keeps players from playing is the maps. I think lots of the maps are hard to learn, sure every one of them is stunning to look at, but their feel isn't as fun as the ones which get played a ton, I'm talking about Deck, Facing Worlds, Torlan, Suspense, and maybe a few others which I feel that Epic needs to make more of those easy to learn maps, an average player is going to get barraged by all the other maps the game, but a lot of maps are missing a fun factor which I guess is different for everybody.

The GUI is also something they should of changed in the retail or at least in the first patch. It makes a good game like UT3 get distracted from it's appeal and become annoying to navigate through and start to make players not wanting to put up with it.

Just my thoughts, although I am probably wrong on some.

Last edited:

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
To be honest, I'm actually fairly happy* with UT3 these days

*I use MapMixer which is a great front-end replacement, and I have a tonne of custom maps.
Not perfect, but good enough to enjoy.. problem is it took over 6-12 months to get to this point, and now like I said the servers are often completely empty because too many people were turned off and didn't stick around.

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster
EPIC should have a Tournament with prizes for the expansion

I think EPIC should have an online tournament with prizes following the release of the expansion.

The tournament and prizes would be great advertizing for the UT3 expansion and would improve sales. It would also be good for PC gaming as well as AMD, Intell, ATI, and nvidia as many of the prizes should be high end PC gaming components. I do think the top prizes should be cash, as cash is king.

I think that will bring in more players and bring back many of the MIA players as well.

Last edited:

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Shadow]I[;2239147 said:
IMO what keeps players from playing is the maps.

Nah, you can't really point to any one thing in UT3 beeing the culprit, its a combination of many things that have turned people off, and for different people it will be a different issue that finally made them break and put the game away.

The maps are no doubt a big part of the reason for some people, but on the whole its a smaller issue than most, simply because it is easilly fixed by custom maps.

Dromae

Dec 27, 2008
Omicron 6, downtown Absalom
Such a shame, cause i actually really like UT3.

Sure, it suffers from bugs, glitches, laaaag on net, not enough options to get it juuuust the way you like it, lack of maps for my favourite mode VCTF, not enough audio taunts (i know most of the voice commands for 2004), glitches glitches glitches, lack of people wanting to play, similar to Gears of War 2 (which i have never played and never seen) and is annoying sometimes i absolutely LOVE the hoverboard (board tricks and surfin like a pro, anyone), the art direction is stunning, the AI isn't on rails and it makes me feel a little closer to playing against human players. Also, i do like the improved graphics...

And let's not forget my favourite mutator... that Slow Kill Time thing, it gives me the time to, after i've just jumped from a ledge into the middle of a red team massacre, see teh blue flesh fly and look around to see the seven other guns pointed my way.

Makes me actually consider joining up online. Not that i'd ever be able to spend enough time online to enjoy being pwned.