a VERY fun way to play Deus Ex

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Delta]Predator

Mar 24, 2001
Behind you...
www.phillipsfam.com
I just came up with the idea to have like a 2 person game (lan preferably) of a stealth game type. One person would be a sentry with whatever guns he wanted, and he would walk around a certain path, and the other guy would have no weapons at all, just lockpicks and such (or a knife if you wanted I guess) and he would have to get from one place to another without being seen or caught. I played it with my brother on our lan and it's INSANE, I was hiding in a shadow in complete darkness on a stairwell, and he came walking by and came about a foot away from me and didn't see me!! it's sooo much more fun than regular multiplayer. We played on tonnochi road, which is lots of fun because of all the places you can go and hide, and it's not wide open like area 51 or something. I highly suggest you try this with someone, it's much much fun :) BTW, does anyone know the code in Deus Ex (UT) well enough to change the crosshairs from turning red and the name appearing in multiplayer? It sometimes gives away hiding spots easily, which takes away from my game some :( If someone could help, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks,

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
well, the re-coding bit is not difficult, but deus ex does not have a mutator system of any kind, that i am aware of. that makes it practically impossible, as far as i understand

Jun 12, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
When I was really little I played a game almost like hide-and-seek. One person was a guard, they had to try and spot the others. They also talked to themselves and gave clues for the others to find some secret item. Because it was so easy for the guard, they had to role-play a very stupid character in exactly the same way that computer game characters have to be so stupid.

MJ12 trooper, 30 seconds after his friend has just been shot: "Must have been the wind..."

Anyway, what I am saying is that [Delta]Predator is absolutly right, the most fun way to play anything is the sneaky way. My little sister still plays the game above with her friends, and everybody enjoys it. And talk to anyone about what their best moment in DX was... mine is when I am running up behind a flamethrower-wielding MIB, hoping like heck that he won't turn around before I swipe my sword at him. I don't know if the designers did it deliberatly, but they always seem to turn around and raise their weapon just before you hit them.

[bold]Anyway, back to the topic:

You don't need a mutator, someone has made a nice mod-loader program. [/bold]

Here's some little bits of the readme for it:

Description=My Map!!
StartMap=MyMap.dx
Package=MyMap.u
Text=MyMapText.u
ConText=MyMapConText.u
ConAudio=DeusExConAudioMyMap.u
Sounds=MySounds.uax
Textures=MyTextures.utx

all of
these files can be optional, even Map, in case this is just
a Mod, not an acutal level. You may also include multiple
of each, except StarMap, ConText, ConAudio, and of course
Description

Another Option you can add to your .dxm files is the subclassing
of the JCDentonMale class, which some mods seem to do. If your mod
subclasses the JCDentonMale class, then just add
JCDentonMale=[package].[class] to the .dxm file (i.e.
"JCDentonMale=MyPackage.MyNewJCDenton"). Also if you have more
than one map, just add Map=[filename] (i.e. "Map=SecondMap.dx")

Get it from http://www.dxediting.com/ in the files section

666_YmPrEgNaToR

YmPrEgNaToR
Jul 25, 2001
thetourny.homestead.com
I to luv 1on1. It rules when you hide away in a vent, in a ghetto, or behind a staircase, then pop up behind the guy and Blast him to hell! The Best strategy i find, is when you do that, He knows where you are then, so get to a good vantage point so you can see where you were before, wait for him to go there, then Blast him again!:D

666_YmPrEgNaToR

YmPrEgNaToR
Jul 25, 2001
thetourny.homestead.com
Also, Create your own levels, make cool trap doors, hidaways and stuff. A good thing to do is afteryou don all rooms and stuff, make a ventalation system ect. 80x96... Nice and covert..hehe and when you trust your allies enough, so them, Every place there is!, Obliderate the opposers!! :redeemer: ;)