Look at this!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

Silencermvm

Why is it that when I run through this certain area (See pictures below), I and all the other bots "walk through it". Then at the end I fall through! Look at what I mean below:
shot0007.jpg

shot0008.jpg

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Looks to me like it's a BSP problem. There isn't anything you can do, just hope you don't get them. You're lucky though, something like that happened to me before and I fell indefinately, your bots are just below the normal floor /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Looks to me like it's a BSP problem. There isn't anything you can do, just hope you don't get them. You're lucky though, something like that happened to me before and I fell indefinately, your bots are just below the normal floor /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

S

Silencermvm

Well I found the BSP problem. One of my ramps was sticking into the floor so I deleted it and the problem was gone.

RedShirtSlacker

Jan 16, 2000
Lapeer, MI, USA
members.xoom.com
This sort of BSP error ususally occurs when...

You've added and subtracted the same shape multiple times from one location, and/or have too many bsp cuts in one small isolated area of a larger Zone (like a small complex region of a generally non-complex zone).

And it also may be caused if you add a cube to make the height of your floor greater, but the added cube isn't properly aligned or develops a BSP hole, in that case you will fall through to the original floor (I have had this problem when intersecting many spheres to a flat floor to make terrain).

OR...

When the area in question is at the world origin point. This point is represented in Ued by 2 intersecting very dark gray lines. There should be 3 shades of gray for the grid, and the darkest are the world axises. For some reason, you can encounter VERY strange things at the world origin. I have one level where you get stuck at EXACTLY the WO point and no place else. I also have seen BSP errors for no particular reason at this point. Basically the WO is evil.

S

Silencermvm

The first problem you explained was my problem. I fixed it though so thanks.