Second Terrain not appearing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Artician

worldbuilder
Jun 15, 2003
www.creathcarter.com
Hey all.

I have an environment. It has two zones. Each Zone has a ZoneInfo with TerrainZone = True, and associated TerrainInfo's. Both terrains are set up correctly with corresponding heightmaps and their own base layer textures.

Here is my problem: The Terrain in Zone #2 does not appear, no matter what. Neither does lighting for that matter. Nothing I do in this second Zone seems to make a difference no matter what settings I change or how many times I rebuild.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Yea, I beleive you must separate zones with bsp...You don't need another zoneinfo to make another terrain. You just add another terrain info (new additional terrain) to the existing 'zone'. Unless your second terrain is in your skybox. Then it is separated by bsp and setup in your 'skyboxinfo'.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
^ No. He already stated the two terrains are in separate zones, thus he needs another ZoneInfo.

If you click the little Zone Mode button on the Perspective viewport bar, do the zoned off areas appear different colors? I'm really sure what's causing your problem...

I had a problem with a terrain not showing up. I copied a whole outside area and rotated it around, and everything worked except the terrain when I built the map. When I copied/pasted it separately, it worked.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Turns2Ashes said:
^ No. He already stated the two terrains are in separate zones, thus he needs another ZoneInfo.

If you click the little Zone Mode button on the Perspective viewport bar, do the zoned off areas appear different colors? I'm really sure what's causing your problem...

I had a problem with a terrain not showing up. I copied a whole outside area and rotated it around, and everything worked except the terrain when I built the map. When I copied/pasted it separately, it worked.

If that is the case then the terraininfo must not be 'in' it's respective 'zone'. I get this when moving stuff around in the skybox cuz it's so tiny and I operate whith mouse speedbar #3. It's easy to drag something like terraininfo out of the bsp and my terrain "disappears" till I drag it back in.