The Butterfly Effect

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Reign

The only candy with the Petey crunch
Aug 3, 2002
Digital Bliss
Visit site
The previews of the movie remind me of that Simpsons episode where Homer created a time machine out of a toaster. He also went back in time, screwed things up and had to keep going back to attempt to set things strait. Hey, I hope the people in the butterfly effect don't end up eating breakfast with their tongues. ;)

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
Look awsome, great sounding story "previewing" it now. Cable modems rock.

and before anyone starts crying... I "previewed" X-2 and still paid to see it twice. But I was saved from paying for the Hulk.

oh.. btw...

/me is sick of Aston also

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
The title's taken from an old story by (I think) Ray Bradbury, and was also the basis for the Simpsons episode...some guy goes on a dinosaur hunting expedition (through a time machine, of course) the people organizing the expedition have set it up so the dinosaurs being killed were scheduled to die on that spot anyway, and you could not leave these elevated walkways they had arrainged...but one hunter panics when the dino comes in view, leaves the walkway and they find a crushed butterfly on the sole of his boot...when they get back, the entire course of history has been altered.

Damn, Bambi-killing hunters...

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Skorch said:
The title's taken from an old story by (I think) Ray Bradbury, and was also the basis for the Simpsons episode...some guy goes on a dinosaur hunting expedition (through a time machine, of course) the people organizing the expedition have set it up so the dinosaurs being killed were scheduled to die on that spot anyway, and you could not leave these elevated walkways they had arrainged...but one hunter panics when the dino comes in view, leaves the walkway and they find a crushed butterfly on the sole of his boot...when they get back, the entire course of history has been altered.

yep, that's from one of his short story collections. However, butterfly effect is about ashton cutcher learning some kind of "vodoo" to go back in time and save his gf from dieing, no matter what he does the timeline keeps getting worse. Like his gf becomes a crackjunkie etc.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Remember the most recent remake of H.G. Well's "The Time Machine"?

Same scenario...no matter how many times he goes back in time to save his GF, she still dies anyway...he asks some future-guy why this is, and I thought the answer was remarkably reasonable and probably would be true if you could travel through time...

...if she hadn't died, you would not have created the machine and traveled through time in the first place...and of course, you couldn't have saved her, and she then would die, causing your time travel to occur...

He was caught in a loop, he couldn't change the outcome of history, no matter what he did...

Cactus

The Evil Spatula
Mar 19, 2000
Ithaca (A.K.A. Cornell's Bitch) NY
Skorch said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! i read taht story when i was really young and when i started to learn english, i had a profound effect on me, and i've been thinking of the story on and off for maybe 2 years now, trying to recall and find its title on the internet!~

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
Reign said:
The previews of the movie remind me of that Simpsons episode where Homer created a time machine out of a toaster. He also went back in time, screwed things up and had to keep going back to attempt to set things strait. Hey, I hope the people in the butterfly effect don't end up eating breakfast with their tongues. ;)

Loool!

Also in the same episode of the simpsons,it have:"The donut rain" lol!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Cactus said:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! i read taht story when i was really young and when i started to learn english, i had a profound effect on me, and i've been thinking of the story on and off for maybe 2 years now, trying to recall and find its title on the internet!~
should be in the "golden apples of the sun" book

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
I was surprised when I saw the trail and Ashton Kutcher was in it, it wasn't his tipical movie he has been doing. He didn't act like a goof at all in the movie. it not the best movie I've seen this year, but dam good. That would be the last Samuria would be my favorite I've seen this year.