Mac launcher ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
Hi all
i'm having troubles launching this on the Mac - can anyone help!

I've installed DA from the full/1.7 zip version and the DA folder is in the root of UT along with the rest of this install. All done. Ok, so how do i launch this app on the Mac?

Just by launching UT, i can play on the DA maps by the looks of it, but i've got the normal UT weapon plus the textures don't look right compared to the screenshots i've seen at this website.. hmm, ok, i'm guessing to scrap the DA folder and plonk it's contents manually into each of the normal UT folders? (like textures, maps, etc). Guess this isn't the right way tho.. lol

fwiw, i play Silent Assassins mod just fine using this AppleScript (saved as a launcher APPLICATION) :

ignoring application responses
tell application "UnrealTournamentOSX" to run params "sacredits.unr Ini=SilentAssassins.ini Userini=SaUser.ini Log=SaLog.log"
end ignoring

Now i've tried to alter that and i came up with this :

ignoring application responses
tell application "UnrealTournamentOSX" to run params "Ini=DefenceAlliance.ini"
end ignoring

But it don't work.. I dunno wot to try next! Anyone??? :]

fwiw, i've got other mods installed (The Third Reich, Strike Force, AirFight, etc) that run just fine. So why not DA :-(

How long until the UT2004 version - i have zero troubles with mods using this game! lol

Thanks

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
there was a MAC launcher somewhere, hang on one sec.

EDIT:

Back,

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planetunreal/da/releases/DA_Mac_Launcher.sit

For some reason this file was missed on the new site, I will add it back but there is the link.

Note: I dont know how or if it stills works as i dont have a mac pc, but i do remember we released a file to help people load da:ut, hope this helps..

Also try looking in the /DA folder. I think in one of the folders there is a mac launcher already.

Last edited:

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
Hmm i checked my zip and there's no mac launcher.. there was an ini for linux users, but i am ok with changing the basic settings in here for the mac anyhow. Still, it was a while back that i download DA, so i'm grabbing a fresh download now :)

Thanks for the link!!! :D But FilePlanet... ughh! you've guessed i'm queued! ;) Anyhow, many thanks - can't wait to try this out!

I'll download all this and do a fresh install from the new zip and then i'll reply back and let u know how/what went on. ok

Thanks for the reply :)
STRiD3R

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
okay no problem :)

I would like to point out DA 1.7 is very old now... and limited compared to what we are doing now. So be warned :D

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
striderdm1 said:
I've just got the fresh DA17 but I'm still queued at fileplanet for the launcher app! lol. Ya gotta love it

SOON! ;)

here you go. no queue :D

Attachments

• DA_Mac_Launcher.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 68

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
FluXs said:
here you go. no queue :D

nice1 thanks!!! :D

I've had a quick try and it appears to load up the classic [os9] version of UT rather than the OSX version.. Sadly, I havn't got the time today and probably most of tomorrow too, as we're away. But i'll take a look on late saturday/early sunday - plus that ini file doesn't really help as it suggests using RAVE rather than OpenGL /etc/etc... anyhow, will have a look when we get back.

Cheers for the link! Appreciated :)
STRiD3R

----

update : just tried b4 we go out (sad, i know) and the classic version works fine for macs!!!! I'll sort it out for OSX people as soon as i've the chance and then i'll send u guys a copy. ok. .............outta ere.....

Last edited:

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
hey fluxs

sorry for this, buuuuut i'm gonna have to re-open this old thread ;-) I've come back to UT gaming recently and am trying out all my mods again. I've installed UT-GOTY and then installed the MacOSX launcher that we Mac ppl need for this old game. (cos UT was released back in the classic/os9 days... and fwiw here's the link: http://mgf/detail.php?item=16914 )

UT runs using the above dload just great and appears all fine. So i quit and install v1.7(full) of DA and then the Mac launcher app for it (that you mention above). But DA refuses to work giving me this error message:

Assertion failed: RenDev
[File:MacViewport.cpp] [Line: 547]:

Any idea what the heck this means?
I'm guessing something to do with OpenGL?? But this is set ok.. And Infiltration, Silent Assassins, Third Reich and Operation NaPali all work ok... so i'm stumped with your mod :/

Appreciate any help, thanks

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
okay some things to try

- set UT up into software mode (for graphics)
- edit DA ini file to run in software mode
- patch UT upto the latest patch (also try the unoffical patches - not sure the site)

If that fails download
- download DA:UT v1.6 [FULL]

:)

post back on the outcome if nothing works.

Last edited:

striderdm1

AppleCrypt Mods
success!! :D
after spending all blummin day (sad, i know) trying to get this to work - i've finally cracked it! Well, i came close and got to a point where i could use the weapons and watch the intro, but i couldn't play on any of the DA maps.. So i cheated!

I converted Infiltration's ini file into DA and copied over the necessary DA info into this copy. It works! Whatever must be missing from your ini file is puzzling. I'm attaching a SITx archive for any Mac OS X ppl that want to play this mod.

Inside the archive is the working ini file and a new launcher app (for OS X), just put both inside the "root" of Unreal Tournament..

Happy now :D

Attachments

• Mac_DA_v1.7.sitx.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 66