Mappers Who Did EAS-INF-ACityBlock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Does ne1 kno how to gat in touch with the mappers who did EAS-INF-ACityBlock? Like does ne1 have their email or sumthing?

I probably should have posted this in Development, but doubted it they would see it, on the screen it sed it was done by David Brown & Los Pescados, but i've neva heard of either of em,

My email is LethalDosage69@hotmail.com

If the guys who did the map see this send me an email or post here, cus just got 2 ask a question, just so no 1 can get up me for sh!t later.

:notworthy:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
You should ask your question here, maybe one of us will be able to answer.

(because I highly doubt anybody is going to answer an email with this horrible spelling :p)

Lethal Dosage

God i feel like a humble noobie speaking to the great lord of mapping :lol:

DarkSniper:
Well i've been modifying EAS-INF-ACityBlock just as a personal offline map, just to make things a bit more interesting. Well me n a few friends played it on a home LAN, n they LOVED it! They suggested that i should release it. So that brings me to my question, May i release it as a modified version of ur map? (u getting plenty of ass kissing n credit n that sorta stuff).

Its called EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised, not original i kno, but i wanted people to take one look at it n kno that its a modified version of the original map.

I'll post it here first to see what you guys think of it n make changes per ur suggestions b4 releasing it, oh n DarkSniper, where did u hide the level info file? I just want to edit myself into it under your names :) .

I'll post some screens of what it will kinda look like, got to make some last minute changes though

Attachments

• EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 1.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 67
  • EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 2.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 61
  • EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 3.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 3.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 50
  • EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 4.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 4.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 41
  • EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 5.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 5.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 41

Lethal Dosage

Some more screenshots of what it will look something like

Attachments

• EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 6.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 6.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 42
  • EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 7.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 7.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32
  • EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 8.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 8.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 35
  • EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 9.jpg
    EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised 9.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 39

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Lethal's been sending me updates of the map every now and again, and it is quite a good map. At the least, it's a change from the original.

Lethal Dosage

Ok heres the not so long awaited preview of EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised

Unless u people have some good suggestions or sum serious bug pops up, this will probably b the first, last and only version released.

Well here is the Readme, the Map is too large to insert :( ,
so i'll just email it to u DarkSniper

Attachments

• EAS-INF-ACityBlock revised.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 21

Lethal Dosage

@ DarkSniper;
What do u think? Good enough to b released?
By the way, how do u import pictures into .utx format? I wanna change the screenshot and where it the map (level) properties thingy? So that i can edit the titles to include me

@ Burger;
Found any glitches? What do u think bout the Janitors Closet?

yeah well, post what comments u got here, and any pointers,

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I suggest you change the ramps on the fire escape to stairs.

Also, what about adding a whole new interior to one of the buildings that is just a block right now?

What does the new chopper do on the warehouse roof?

Good work :tup:

Lethal Dosage

@ Crowze;
I kno that, i want to change the screenshot, so people can immediately tell the difference between my "updated" version n the original. And where is the level info thing in the map? i cant find it!

@ Kiehas
Good point with the ramps on the fire escapes, i just wanted to keep it low polly, thats y i havent created new interiors on some buildings.

The UH-60 hovering over the Warehourse does nothing, there are now some spawn points up there which bots n players can spawn up there from time to time. The UH-60 and the ropes are decorations.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Lethal Dosage said:
@ Kiehas
Good point with the ramps on the fire escapes, i just wanted to keep it low polly, thats y i havent created new interiors on some buildings.

The UH-60 hovering over the Warehourse does nothing, there are now some spawn points up there which bots n players can spawn up there from time to time. The UH-60 and the ropes are decorations.
Uh.. is this an EAS map, or are you TDM-izing it?

If it is EAS, then spawnpoints on the roof is a terrible idea unless they deactivate after the first defender spawn. If it is TDM..... *shudders

I don't think you need to work about too many polys since this map isn't very performance heavy as it is.

Lethal Dosage

GOD NO! i would neva butcher a EAS map in the name of TDM! players, n bots prefer to still spawn in the building across the street, they only really spawn there in the first spawn of each round, then only occasionally, (usually when the defender deaths really start to build up.

So if u go to capture the disk after a bit of fighting, there is the chance that a defender will come down the stairs n cap u 1 in the bak.

I'm running a VERY slow AMD Athlon 1.3ghz, 512mb ram, n a ATI Raedon 9200SE 128mb grafix card, the drives havent been formatted in like 3yrs, its very laggy on some of the other maps, thats y i don't want to get too high polly

Does NE1 now how to change the screenshots??? Plz i need to kno! Also DarkSniper, or any1, where is the Level Info thingy in the map! i cant find it!

DarkSniper

Do something other than design levels?
Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Hey. Have not been able to check out the map as my INF is vanilla and I am missing packages. From what has been said here it seems you are doing ok with reformatting the map, so keep it up.

Level info: Go to view - Level Properties - Level Info

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
After i saw the .txt a bit with the changes, i only can express, ugh :S (at least, without play it). It's one of the most hard EAS map to attack, and you only give more advantages to the defenders.

Last edited: