Favorite Skaarj design so far

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Favorite Skaarj design so far

• Unreal1 Skaarj

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • UT99 Hybrids

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Unreal2 brutish skaarj

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Ut2004 hoop-game-tusked skaarj

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • UT2004 ECE mecha-skaarj

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • UC2 Szalor/Kraag

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • UC2 Torgr/Garek

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
There may be a number of sub-classes, but there are just the two models with different outfits on, and aside the difference in tail length there isn't too much of a difference between them. I count them as one basic style and they're inseparable the way I look at it, insofar as if the Warriors were recreated for a later game, I'd like to see the Troopers recreated also.

Last edited:

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Szalor and UT2004 + ECE Skaarj are cool, but the originals are still good. Headshots where great fun.

EDIT: The Cyber Trooper skins for UT's hybrid model where sweet as well

Last edited:

KoshiJoshi

Certified FlakMonkey
Dec 13, 2005
England
Damn that was hard to decide, i thought the skarrj hybrids were the coolest(loved being the skarrj called Disconnect) but im afraid it just loses out to ut2004 tusked models by a tiny, TINY, bit. as for the rest it would go like this:

3rd place
Mecha Skarrj - Ut2004 ECE

4th Place
Uc2 Skarrj

5th Place
Unreal 2(the ones i saw were horribly wide, and lacked any air of malice or intimidation)

cannot say: unreal 1 because i never played it, i hope to in the future though, but i heard that copies are hard to come by

Unreal 2 skaarj look like stupid gorillas. They don't have the segmented eyebrows that are present in Unreal 1 and instead have a unibrow flap that makes them ape-like. They are also really wide, unlike the Unreal 1 skaarj which just looked fit. I'd like to see somewhere in between the Unreal 2 skaarj and UT2004 skaarj.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
So I'm not the only one who thought U2 Scares looked like monkeys. U1 Scares are the one and only Scares, the true Scares. If you haven't played it -- play it -- but if you haven't, you'll recognize them from Invasion (though their animations are too fast and the AI is screwed up.) I like the 2k4 Skaarj, too, except they're human-sized, which is just wrong. The Hybrids were ugly mutants with bad posture. As for UC-whatever, I don't do console.

Etah

Lead Nexus Dev.
Dec 4, 2004
imo - unreal 1 may be the original, but they lacked in the ability to make them as they truly were....as they moved on it looks like they are the "combatants" for a tournament - athletic and physically fit for such competition - then unreal 2 they are brutish and war like, capable of ripping you asunder with their wrist blades.... - then looking to UC2 which seems to combine the brutish and athletic forms of the skaarj together to come up with such appearances as Szalor. Maybe it's tech and a bit of adaptation that explains their appearances throughout the Unreal games.

Heavy Skaarj forever - Skaarj + death + metal = awesome.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Skaarj%20Guardian.JPG

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah, would be a great idea...

Just look at the Unreal championship 2 "skaarj". It's not. It's like a spinache version of Pitt.. (Remember those comic books..)

And the Unreal2 "skaarj" does look like a gorilla.