Wiki Quote box CSS interpreted weirdly in IE.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr.Mitchell

Sep 5, 2001
the Netherlands
home.ict.nl
I am noticing the same thing. I am using IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030-422.1633. I did a bit of testing and it seems that it only goes wrong when using it in a table.

To reproduce just put the following code in a Wiki page:
Code:
| <wiki>> You can put quoted text in a neat box.
> All Wiki formats apply there.
</wiki> | <pre>> You can put quoted text in a neat box.
> All Wiki formats apply there.</pre>

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
IE is my browser of choice simply because it's linked with explorer and I can keep all my nice custom buttons in one place.

I know IE has issues, but since it's the most common browser and an easy fix it might be worth looking into, being as the majority will be IE users.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Well... I'm not sure what buttons you might have that are useful both for web browsing and file management :con: ...
but it appears you have a choice: either live with this bug, or upgrade to a browser that conforms to standards.

I can't reproduce it on IE5 - I will have a look on IE6 when I next get to a PC that has it, probably tomorrow.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
:D

I've attached a picture of my buttons.

To my knowledge IE 6.0.2800.1106IC is the latest version of IE, I don't think there's been a recent patch. :S?

Ah well, it doesn't bother me, I can live with weirded quotes, just thought it'd be an easy fix. :)

Attachments

• thesebuttons.jpg
    thesebuttons.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 88

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
SabbathCat said:
I've attached a picture of my buttons.
I don't know your browsing habits but your links bar looks mostly useless. Why not just make a quicklaunch menu in your taskbar? It's much more robust.

When I was using just one monitor, my taskbar was double-thick, with the running program tabs on one bar and my launch buttons on the other. Now that I am running dual-screens, it's just one long bar with my launch buttons right below, and the program tabs on the second screen (I can just alt-tab those anyway). I'll post a screenie sometime when I'm at home, but that can free you up to use a real browser like Mozilla or Opera.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
W0RF said:
I don't know your browsing habits but your links bar looks mostly useless. Why not just make a quicklaunch menu in your taskbar? It's much more robust.

When I was using just one monitor, my taskbar was double-thick, with the running program tabs on one bar and my launch buttons on the other. Now that I am running dual-screens, it's just one long bar with my launch buttons right below, and the program tabs on the second screen (I can just alt-tab those anyway). I'll post a screenie sometime when I'm at home, but that can free you up to use a real browser like Mozilla or Opera.

M-m-m-m-monster bump! :D

Looks like things have changed a lot with browser habits , for one, I've joined the masses all flocking to Firefox, and the whole links bar thing I hardly use any more. Mainly 'cos I'm spending less time with my PC these days. :(

Dual Monitor eh? Swanky. I gotta build me a bigger desk first, but I can imagine the benefits of having a set-up like that. I've got a 21" sitting out in my spare room feeling unloved that could be utilised for some Ued/PS side-by-side. :)

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
SabbathCat said:
I've joined the masses all flocking to Firefox,
'bout time, n00b. ;)
Dual Monitor eh? Swanky. I gotta build me a bigger desk first, but I can imagine the benefits of having a set-up like that. I've got a 21" sitting out in my spare room feeling unloved that could be utilised for some Ued/PS side-by-side. :)
Yeah, it's fantastic for editing purposes. It's mostly useless for everything else, although it does give me a bit more (virtual) desktop space to work with, and of course when games fire up, the second monitor auto-hibernates since it's not doing anything. But for UEd it's fantastic. I have the 3d window taking up my entire first screen, the top view taking half of the second screen, and the side and front views each taking one of the two remaining quarters. There's SO much more space to work with, and to properly select actors in the 3d view. :D