UT2kX Spawn With Locker Weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
About two weeks ago, the change list of the upcoming major UT3 patch was revealed. One of the new gameplay features reads:
BeyondUnreal.com said:
In game types using weaponlockers, players spawn with weapons from nearest weapon locker.
This feature, which has not even been released for UT3, is now available in UT2004 by using my new Spawn With Locker Weapons mutator. It will work in all game types but for obvious reasons only has an effect in maps that contain weapon lockers in the player spawn areas.

Download link

Apr 11, 2006
Nice work Wormbo. I have actually been wanting something that would do this for years.

Quick request: Any chance it's possible to handle this without a mutator so that servers that might want to run with this kind of behavior are not dewhitelisted?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Nice work Wormbo. I have actually been wanting something that would do this for years.

Quick request: Any chance it's possible to handle this without a mutator so that servers that might want to run with this kind of behavior are not dewhitelisted?

It tests for players spawning, so it has to be a mutator. Also, it changes things considerably, so IMHO it's justified that servers become non-standard.