CTF-Egypt and RocketGun released!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Umm, the map is basically unplayable. I dont mean to be harsh but there is no way anyone will want to play it, there is no safe way out of the red base, you have 2 underwater channels and 2 hidden doors. The blue base isn't much better and both sides are way to easy to defend.

The elevators dont work properly and you die half the time by being crushed when you try to exit them. The hidden doors are not a good idea either, and they are too slow to open and too quick to close.

Again I dont want to sound harsh but on a scale of 1 to 10 I would have to give the map a 1 at the moment.

Still, keep practicing and study some good maps not just for what they did but try to figure out WHY the did it that way.

Vir@s

Code Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Vienna
www.suselinuxsupport.de
Hehe I know ;)

I just played the map a little bit and I NEVER captured a flag!

I guess you are really right, and I think I have to make bigger Pyramids so that I can make 4 or more ways out of it! I guess that would be the best ;)!

Also I think I shouldn't only make 1 bridge cause that sux ;)

So I guess you are right with the 1 ;)

Bye Vir@s

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
well, dont be dissapointed, believe me critisism is the best thing u can get, becouse it learns you how to do and what u shouldnt do, i make maps 4 almost a year now, but never posted any (besides a stupid one)and im still figuring out how 2 make a good map... good luck man

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Yes and try not to pack your maps in a umod, because it gets added to the add remove programs dialog under Unreal Tournament... Cya later and Keep mapping man.

Vir@s

Code Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Vienna
www.suselinuxsupport.de
I guess it is much more comfortable if you have a umod file...

Anyway, I just packed it into a umod file because it is really easy ;)

But okay, next time I'll only zip the whole files!

BTW: My new Egypt map is much better I guess ;)

Bye Vir@s