Infantry weapon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jambo

Fellow Floydian
Oct 11, 2005
earth
www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk
I was playing DA2 1.0.0 Beta yesterday and i came to thinking that maybe the infantry class would be better if the MR-56 Assault Rifle had a grenade launcher attachment, and the player had 0 hand grenades. I think that it fit in with the current game style, and i have always loved a good genade launcher (especially Infiltration :D ). Tell me what you think.

Last edited:

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Very nice idea, we did have a model with a grenade launcher attached. I think we might start thinking bringing this back. I doubt for 1.1 though.

thanks anyways for the suggestion and welcome to our forums.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
That sounds awesome to me, even though it would be kind of cliché (seems every default rifle weapon has a grenade launcher now, based off the m-116a or whatever they call it)

Still... :tup: I'd prefer that for the infantry.

jambo

Fellow Floydian
Oct 11, 2005
earth
its the Colt M16-A2, with an M203 40mm Grenade Launcher, always getting copied. [SCREENSHOT]http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net/modules/Diner_Wrapper/html/armory/images/m16a2_1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]<-- thats the one

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
That would bring up lots of comments asking where is the country jambo.
I prefer the hand grenades though, leave the lauching to the grenade launcher soldier.

Lucian04

XerotoNine
Oct 10, 2005
Eastern United States
The--Grim--Reaper said:
That would bring up lots of comments asking where is the country jambo.
I prefer the hand grenades though, leave the lauching to the grenade launcher soldier.

Well letsee how we can balance out the Infantry Class and The soon to be Grenade Launcher class.

Infantry Loses Hand Grenades in favor of having three 40mm grenades at desposal for his rifle.

Infantry 40mm Grenades have a effect range where the grenade does not explode if shot at targets at less than 25 feet away (like in real life), unexploded grenades that hit targets (but dont explode) still cause damage

Infantry 40mm Grenades do not do as much damage as the Hand Grenades as it is only high explosive and contains no shrapnel

Infantry 40mm Grenades are slow to reload

Grenade Launcher can hold 3 grenades along with 12 grenades for his launcher (in 4 grenade capacity magazines) that are not only high explosive but contain shrapnel as well.

Grenade Launcher Loads in much the same as the Rocket launcher.

Primary fire should be for timed grenades while alternate fire should be for EOC grenades

Getting hit with a timed grenade before it explodes results in some damage done

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
Infantry 40mm Grenades have a effect range where the grenade does not explode if shot at targets at less than 25 feet away (like in real life)
I fail to see how grenades more than 25 feet away don't explode, as far as i know, a grenade will explode off remote or it's timer.
By your description, i like hand grenades better, and the fact that you have 3 rather than 2 is very good.

Lucian04

XerotoNine
Oct 10, 2005
Eastern United States
The--Grim--Reaper said:
I fail to see how grenades more than 25 feet away don't explode, as far as i know, a grenade will explode off remote or it's timer.
By your description, i like hand grenades better, and the fact that you have 3 rather than 2 is very good.

Why do I say 25 feet. In the USA Military our 40mm grenades have to rotate a certain amount of times before being armed. 25 feet is not only the Safety distance of the grenades, but it is also the arming distance. If the weapons are going to be semi realistic, they might as well try to mimic current day technology.. Just make it look better ya know.

jambo

Fellow Floydian
Oct 11, 2005
earth
Lucian04 said:
Why do I say 25 feet. In the USA Military our 40mm grenades have to rotate a certain amount of times before being armed. 25 feet is not only the Safety distance of the grenades, but it is also the arming distance. If the weapons are going to be semi realistic, they might as well try to mimic current day technology.. Just make it look better ya know.

putting my name on it will make it look better, and will shoot me to fame among the DA2 community :D