Mac Unreal files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Sweet find. I really love Magnus.umx! I love Unreal music, so thats what I went right into.

I may be wrong, but heres what I've come up with regarding what umx files are new to me:

(Note that I only have Unreal and no mission packs.)

Cyrene
Inoxx
Magnus
Orch3
Orchtest
SkyCity
Sole
Soledad1
StarOne
Suspense
UnrCirc
Undrwrld
Unrealt

It seems to me that a lot of the songs are old ones renamed, or single tracks taken out of existing songs.

You forgot the newmca stuff etc, some of these are new as well. NewMCA12 was not used in any missionpack also.

@Delacroix: Ah ok.....then they were imported as masked in beta as well, only that beta didn't handle them that way and they were still black until checked masked. Or it is because they are from the version from March. Nvm then.

Last edited:

GF-REX

Jan 31, 2008
Kansas, USA
www.unrealrex.com
You forgot the newmca stuff etc, some of these are new as well. NewMCA12 was not used in any missionpack also.
Oh yeah, good catch. I had not heard or seen NewMCA12 before. Seems like I've heard the rest of them before, though.

Thanks again for the files, I might use Magnus in a UT map sometime. :D

Soledad kind of has a cool Metroid-type feel to it.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Soledad was used in the beta version in the level of the same name.

Anyway Delacroix I noticed you have't included Title.umx. It is not same as the RTNP title. In fact it is simmilar to utend, but not the same track.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Alright. But better rename the file to something like TitleMac, or something.

@REX: NEW2 and NEW3 are also tracks which were not in Unreal and were in beta, NEW2 is like skytwn only different during the end and has no second songsection.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
All the music files were in the beta from what I can see, thus I already have them.
The white sky texture I have also seen and used before in my Temple of the Sun test, and that's in Unreal 227.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
All the music files were in the beta from what I can see, thus I already have them.
The white sky texture I have also seen and used before in my Temple of the Sun test, and that's in Unreal 227.

These textures in SkyT are complete with the islands, before the islands were separate textures, each on their own, in JWSKY. And I haven't seen these exact textures anywhere even the white standalone ones.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Where is this Tarwel from originally? Is it sure it was made by Brandon or just used his samples? Because it sounds very different from other Unreal stuff, in fact I can recognize even samples he used in Jazz Jackrabbit games. I remember frieza making MP3 track out of it. But he never said where he got it originally from.
And waht is this Taiko Lo thing in it? It is in the sample list but on the right side instead.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I recall this was from an ooooooold beta. There was a topic on old USP forums on it. The track is undoubtedly genuine.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
But where did you get the track from actually? Or the beta, where did he get it from. Also I noticed that this Taiko Lo is some soundwave sample.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
The point is that the track itself was leaked and circulating... It began circulating around the net perhaps in 1997, if I recall the thread properly.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
All them tunes were in the MAC? I bought my friend a copy years ago, never knew.....
I tend to think the MAC guys (Westlake) may have had a beta version so they could work on the port so they dumped everything in. heh.

Theres only 2 tunes I don't recognize, Sole and Walking.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
Tarwell is on the ModArchive, they have some text from in it...

"Skytown"

a piece by
Alexander Brandon
of Straylight
Productions

for Epic Megagames'
"Unreal"

(c)1997-98

Samples from Jugi,
PM, Wave, Khyron

While I was working on RTNP:Search I must have found that tune doing music research, must have heard the tune but didnt use it, I like that tune very much.
I went to listen to it in my UnrealEd, decided to export it then wha? I already had Tarwel.xm.

About all the other tunes are in the beta, yep there are 2 tunes named title.
Dunno about that NaliHo...heh perhaps the original Nali voice? Now we know what they are really saying....

whadya expect, a NaliGod with 4 boobies.

oh, the tune is split into the emotion segments.

do the musicorder 0, 1, 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.