UT Retail- "Critical Error- Virtual Memory" error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mulagain

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
I just got UT retail version and installed it on my system. When I try running the game, I keep getting a "Critical Error- Ran out of virtual memory. Please free up space on your primary hard disk to resolve this problem". Well I have a 16GB C drive that only has about 4 GB full. WTF? I tried upping my swap file, tried letting Win manage my virtual memory, and tried disabling virtual memory. NOTHING WORKS! The demo ran flawlessly, along with the rest of my system:

P2450
128mb cas 2 PC100 ram
15.7gb WD C: drive
8.4 GB D: drive
(2) Diamond Monster V2 12mb SLI
DX7/v2 reference drivers (8/99) also tried following drivers:
wicked 3d/glide...
rkv2dx6...
latest Diamond drivers...

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A PROBLEM SIMILAR TO THIS OR HAVE A POSSIBLE SOLUTION???

I can run all other games perfectly (q3, halflife/opposing force, UT demo, etc).

Thanks in advance =)

Mulagain

Dragkhar

Nov 19, 1999
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
Hi,

I got the same error when trying out downloaded maps for Unreal, and the problem was that my virtual memory was to low due to to many programs running in the background, such as ICQ systray, virus program etc.
If you right klick on "your computer" icon at the desctop and look under the "system resourses" tab. You should at least have 90% free virtual memory to run properly.

Good luck

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"With a nice pipe you can chock the world"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>