From Dust

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
the principle is awesome, yet reviews seem to point out big interface flaws. I'll probably "acquire" the game before buying it. (unless there's a demo)

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
God games are cute, but generally plagued with flaws. This one seems to be no different. Pass.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The Metacritic score is a respectable 79. The scores vary wildly though (100 to 40) and all reviews thus far are for the Xbox 360 version.

Giant Bomb seemed to like the game pretty well and the big complaint was with the controls, which may or may not be alleviated in the PC implementation. At $14.99 it may be one to watch if you like that sort of game.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
God games are cute, but generally plagued with flaws. This one seems to be no different. Pass.

In the crazy way that my brain works, this seemed relevant.
f5952d39-0c63-437d-8da7-d2feee28c816.jpg

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Mouse control is horrible, though.

The reviews/impressions I read about the 360 version said it would be improved with mouse controls. How the fuck do you screw that up?

And that's not even taking the DRM bait n' switch nor the other technical issues that were reported on RPS this morning.

Utter utter facepalm worthy.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The reviews/impressions I read about the 360 version said it would be improved with mouse controls. How the fuck do you screw that up?
I have no idea. It has some kind of weird acceleration, so when you move the breath it moves slow first then faster and faster then it ramps down so it takes forever to move it where you want it to be.
And that's not even taking the DRM bait n' switch nor the other technical issues that were reported on RPS this morning.
I don't know about the other technical issues, but the DRM thing is pretty much not an issue at all. Everything I read before the game cam out lead me to believe that this game would be just like AC: Brotherhood: Uplay when you launch the game but no constant connection required. And that is just what it has.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Everything I read before the game cam out lead me to believe that this game would be just like AC: Brotherhood: Uplay when you launch the game but no constant connection required. And that is just what it has.

Huh, because I thought they said it would require an activation connection on first launch and that'd be it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Huh, because I thought they said it would require an activation connection on first launch and that'd be it.
Yes, obviously they meant "the first time you launch it for every gaming session" and not "the first time you launch it ever" :)

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yes, obviously they meant "the first time you launch it for every gaming session" and not "the first time you launch it ever" :)

Their words from their own forum originally:

To prevent any on-going confusion we would like to clarify From Dust PC will release with DRM requiring a one-time only online activation.

After which you will be able to play the game offline. We hope this clears any outstanding confusion on the matter

Maybe something got lost in translation? I dunno. Still smells like bait n' switch on some level.

I'm more disappointed in the fact that the game is locked at 30 FPS and people are reporting control issues after the game was delayed for almost a month. I have a fairly rock solid network connection so getting to play it isn't an issue.

I just wish I had enough faith in major publishers to do the right thing and fix their games when they're released in a bad state. At least with indies you have some guarantee stuff gets fixed because... well, no sale = no food.