Do people still play inf?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilExp

Cookie Demon
Oct 13, 2005
Moscow, Russia
Look at the avatar! Nice, really? :D I draw it with one's own hand :D This girl name is """"Фёкла"""" (pronounse like Vökla (deutch) or Firkla (_ir_ like in word BIRD) (eng).

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Hello, everyone.
Hi Jamain dude, been a long time.:2thumb:

I’ve read the bad news on the main page,
But like I’ve said before, although I loved the Half-life two engine, like the water for example: I still think it was a bad move simply because the development of the community was so rooted into the unreal engine. Yes it got harder as the new engine came out and there were things I didn’t like about the new engine but there was also some other things that made up for the difference. I wanted the community to grow with the new technology together just as we did in the past (helping each other out)

I’ve still got my site up though.
http://mgiese1.home.comcast.net/

I really….really think the INF team should consider moving back to Unreal just because we know most of the editor.
Man I miss seeing hearing from spooger too. Its amazing how things change and people do other things. I keep my site up as a connection to a world now only in my memory.
But my memory will never forget when my eyes first opened and I looked up at a sky in an unknown world. This was Unreal v1

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Starstreams said:
But my memory will never forget when my eyes first opened and I looked up at a sky in an unknown world. This was Unreal v1
Same here. Unreal1 was my first PC game and I still play custom co-op missions today.

BTW, the developers try to get an engine preview from Epic and are in contact with that company. UT2007 is probably the main choice for now. So INF isn't dead yet, they still try to take UT2007 in concederation.
Unreal forever.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Hay Psychomorph, that’s funny you mention Unreal 1 being your first PC game.
It was My first 3d game or any PC game for that matter.

Most people just don’t understand where we are coming from brother.
It’s so funny, even after playing some of the best graphics games like Halflife2, MaxPayn 1 and 2 … ect.
I still get this nostalgic feeling when I think back about that mystical world. What’s important to realize and I’m sure you know, but many others might not is that:
One of the biggest reasons unreal had this eerie mood, this so called far away feeling was because of the music! that was used. Just like in movies the music is what makes the movie sad or happy but many don't see that. Anyway, I won’t go on about it.

But when I get some time, I’m going to be adding/modifying my Unreal site, I want to start a forum dedicated to developing old style Unreal levels but with the new technology of the modern Unreal engines.
The site will also focus on recording techniques and programs such as Logic Audio, ProTools and possibly other like sound forge.
Logic

Pro Tools

Again to be successful in capturing the mood and distant feeling that the old Unreal levels had, it’s important to focus also on the music.
this kind of music was a mixture of techno and NewAge. You could find this Type of music on a radio station called Musical-Starstreams 95.5 in Chicago, from 10 to 12PM sundays only. It's been on for about 15 years
Anyway, that’s what I’m planning on doing with my site.

Btw, I sure hope your right about the INF team getting back into with 2007 :2thumb:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Could quote everything. I love the unreal music, use the umx decoder for winamp and often hear that stuff.

To be accurate Unreal was my 1st 3D game too. And I think todays games just became better looking, but I still love "Unreal 1", "Alien versus Predator 1", "SWAT3" and "Blood: The Chosen" the most. These were the best Single Player games I have ever played, till now.

I love the pure discovering in Unreal, mostly I like the aztec inspired temples and the ancient castles, also love the music of these themes (not a fan of the alien stations).
Traveling through the world and hearing the big animals roaring in the distance, gives me the 'kickest' kick ever, this is nearly a spiritual meditative thing :p.
Hell if it wouldn't be so late I would hop on an Unreal co-op server, right now :D.

U1 and AVP are the two games that never ever left my HD.

Ok enough with off-topic, thx for the radio tip ;). BTW are there any free, or not expensive music progs to recommend? Always wanted to get my hands on this. This "Pro Tools" looks good.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Yes, you added to what I forgot to mention.
The ancient temples. This was something missing from unreal-II, which really pissed me off. I mean where the hell are the temples and what happened to that ancient look, they totaly left it out in Unreal II.
After all I thought it was suppose to be on the same planet. That’s because Epic fired half the staff, it’s always the good guys that get…f…cked. the old Epic developers that made Unreal one were some of the best story writers.

Anyway, I haven’t been to Starstreams in a while but it use to have demos of -all the radio stats you could download but not sure, or if they are even playing the same stuff. They really started playing some junk over the years after about 2002.
I’ve got tons of the old stuff from 1983 to 2001 which were their best years.
-Tangerine Dream
-Waveform
-Dancing Fantasy
-Wavestar Moon wind
-Kitaro
-Steave Roch
-Peter Gabriel /Passion
These are just some of the bands that played that far away kind of New Age music.

One thing by the way about running programs like Logic and Pro tools is: You need a real full duplex studio sound card, Sound Forge is not as critical but that’s also low end. If you try to use consumer sound cards you’ll get all kinds of sync errors because the encoders are not designed to handle true multi tracks or/channels. The only reason you can get away with it in Sound forge is because Sound Forge is only a Left/Right system.
Also, Consumer sound cards use WDM drives which have latency, which is a problem for recording. Studio sound cards use ASIO drivers which are low latency drivers, Macs use Audio-Units which are the Mac version of low latency drivers. I'm not sure if I am correct as far as the name Audio Units for macs? I use a PC

If your looking for heigh quality recording hardware for your PC that’s cheep, M-Audio makes about the best stuff for the same price as a good gamming sound card. $200. or $300. www.m-audio.com just wanted to let you know
I'm using the Delta-66 PCI sound card with the Omni Studio breakout box which sites on my desktop and takes 1/8'' guitar balenced or unbalenced connections or XLR connections= Low noise.
http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/omnistudio-469c13e7a2b0341b4da60f9f2723b564.jpg

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/8ec26fc868c62b3504895a5636772f54.jpg

As far as the software I use:
I’m mostly a Logic Audio user because protocols dosen't have the midi capabilities that Logic doses and everything recorded stereo has to be done on two separate tracks which use more power and space. In Logic you can record single channels in stereo. Logic Audio was bought out by Apple Computers but there is "No Reason" not to use the latest PC version, 5.1
The difference in the latest mac versions is no big deal.
Logic 5 is still used on PCs in some of the biggest recording studios and you can find copies for dirt cheep not to mention all the audio instruments for keyboard controllers. It’s amazing what’s available as far as recording software. So first get the sound card and your ready burn

Last edited:

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
:dutch:

wtf does this one have to do with anything? It doesn't make sense and therefore anybody who uses it should be banned for 20 days

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
M-Audio rocks, i currently using the FW-410 and Keystation 49e and love them both. I'm more a cubase man myself, but i use logic occasionally. Both on pc and mac. Maybe for beginners Reason 1 or 2 is worth a shot. I think i read something about reason 1 being a free download , or at least a very cheap one. So maybe thats a road to try Psych. Reason has a lot of stuff ready for use.
Maybe even fruity loops pro / 2 / whatever version is newest. Some people make good tracks with it.

Anway, back to the spam.