Teh Project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Any of you guys know if its possible to make a flyby of your level and present it in the form of a movie file or something. I got a history project and my teacher wants me to make a level of a Medieval Manor (Castle with trench and stuff). So far its going good, got 2 buildings and a well made but when its done the only what I can show for marks is a movie or an animated bunch of F9's. I dont feel like busting out the animator, im sure there is a way to record in spectator mode eh.

Well if you know can you just blab it out. Thanks for the help. :tup:

Oh ya its Ued3 if you need to know that.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
ya, you set up your movie etc.
Then use fraps to do the recording http://www.fraps.com/ (make sure you got TONS of harddrive space, it records the movie completly uncompressed so you get a 1Gb movie file or whatever)
Then I usually use windows movie maker to make any edits I want and save it to a more compressed format.
(Just search www.microsoft.com )

A down side is that it won't record the sound. I figured a way around becayse I have a SB Live which has the option to record "What U hear" so I can start recording sound in cool edit pro or similar, then play the movie through and it will record the sounds from the movie. Then I can paste the sound into the move in movie maker.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Oh, I just found out that the new version has sound support built in, but as a down side, it has a 15 second recording limit unless you pay for the full version.
If you see me on irc sometime then I can send you the older free version I have which has no recording limit, but won't capture sound.

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Sweet, sound really aint that bad of an issue. It will be played on the huge projecter at school. Sweet, umm ya thanks for the help. Gonna need that stuff. I only got 1 week to do it so no coffee breaks. And umm later I'll work on it and release it as an actual level, but I can't see why anyone would want to play in a friggen castle. Everything is so huge right now. Maybe like long range instagib. Lol.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I attached fraps 1.9C, which is the free version with no sound.

Attachments

• FRAPS19C.zip
    56.1 KB · Views: 15

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
I think I downloaded Fraps200Demo from the site. I think its the same anyways. Umm if you want to see the church me and my friend made so far. Its here. I'd say its good enough for a grade 12 class who is just making posters. Screw the posters, gotta go big time. Lol, next up is a manor house. Should be a challenge.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Other than the ass lighting, no brick road, other outside church archatecture, and a strange square land...it looks great.

Seriously consider putting a sun up on the sky and use yellow-white lighting to get that church to look real.

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Oh ya there will be all that, im building each building seperatly, then placing them into a world I will build as the last building environment. Hopefully it should all be good.

If your wondering why I didn't do an inside on the church, believe me I tried. Like within a few subtractions in on the doors the whole building turns into a big bsp hole. LOL, I thought for sure it could have an inside, but o well, not a big problem to me. Teacher already said I got perfect and I just showed him the screenshots. Umm starting the manor house today, see what happens, prolly do most tonight.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Well If you need to, you can just have the doorway of the church be a portal to take you to a an interior that you have placed some place else in the map.

Its a good way of keeping the bsp from breaking. Portals suck online...but they are pretty flawless for a demo.

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Oh now thats good thinking, but how to make windows work? More portals for all the windows would seem to make more holes in my opinion. Anyways, just finished designing the manor house, just gotta texture it, then prolly have pics up tommorow. Thats the morning job. But for now, mom pass the damn cheesies. :p

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I don't think you'd be able to have a camera move through a portal properly. I should imagine not. Portals might only be useful to see inside the church from outside rather than actually go inside.
(unless you had the movie just cut to the bit inside rather than trying to get it to move inside the church and back out again or whatever)

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Finally done the project, after about 30 hours of work. Man im proud of myself, that was the coolest project I've ever done for school. Usually its like 40% effort, but ya it turned out great. Umm I credited everyone who posted in this thread in the credits. Features song Shook Ones by Mobb Deep. Lol, all this gangsta rap, showing off the buildings editor shots, and then a nice instagib match with gibalitious mutator on. Ya just perfect for a school project.

Thanks guys for your help and feedback, I appreciate it. Without yall, I would still be hitting F9 for the screenshot animation idea. Lol, stupid ideas, sheesh. :)

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Err, I'll try to get the movie up, it was hilarious in class today. My teachers like "You did all that, ooo the gore is a positive." ya a bit odd but hey, he likes the gore, toss me another point man. Lol

It will have to be an angelfire link though, lol.

I think if I put a bit more into it I can toss it out as a low grav insta-gib man. I was playing with that all day, found it was fun to jump off houses and peg off guys through the trees. Not sure how it would work, but I could throw some sniper spots on and stuff, be creative and turn it into an arena. Umm, damn I gotta try making a good arena from pictures, surprised how much better it looks. lol :p

EDIT:

Darn, can't find a way to host it with what sites im using (Angelfire, Geocities, Brinkster) so umm, if im on IRC then just 'yoink' it off me.

Last edited:

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Gore? Tell me you didn't.

Just add a few more gothic buildings , a map border and place some sniper rifles and ammo around. Sure to get some fame with zark servers and instagib.