Can duct tape fix everything?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
porschecrash3.jpg

(I think that is duct tape)

eraser

I'm your brain on drugs.
Dec 13, 1999
In a town foo!
Visit site
Originally posted by DexterII
LOL, I always used to call it 'DUCK' Tape lol!!

That's what i thought it was. but then i knew it wasn't, but then we got this brand called "duck tape" it has a duck on the inside. so now i'm still confused.. :)

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
That's just toilet paper...

I did use duct tape to fix my car though.

It had rusted out around the gas cap so I had duct taped it back together. My drivers side door handle was also suffering from a little rust problem... which was easily fixed with duct tape. It was pretty sad. I couldn't lock the door because of the rust but you also couldn't open the door without playing with the entire door. :D

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
things i have fixed with duct tape...

power supply caseings
car battery caseings
exhaust leaks
remotes after taking a plunge onto a hard place
various wires when i could not locate electrical tape
carpet seams
a 400 PSI air compresser
sump pump
car locks
brakes (hey, it worked long enough to get me into the dealer for a real fix)
car trunk
leaking window
ducts ;)
blender
toaster
door hinge (car)
spark plug (threads)
lawnmower
various others i cant think of.

ofcourse most of these were only temp fixes, since they wernt exactly... safe... ;)

DexterII

Overworked
Mar 22, 2001
Laboratory
www.ImAHosting.com
Originally posted by Stormi
Lets not forget about the Army's 100 mile an hour tape! It supposedly held huey helecopters together in Nam! :p

I seen some of that stuff on the wing of the 747 I was in. Before I knew it was 100 mile an hour tape I just thought someone used duct tape. And that made the entire flight a little scary :D

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Duck (duct) tape is an essential requirment in any household - its currently holding my bed together.

Epoxy glue (Areldite) and epoxy putty are also very useful.

PS: I never understood people who put duct tape on their guitars - get some proper straplocks :rolleyes:

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
Originally posted by TomWithTheWeather
Exactly. I hate duct taped guitars. Straplocks work great for me. I think it has something to do with trying to be "grungy".:rolleyes:

Yeah :mad:

Jeff Buckley had his Rickenbacker duct taped...quality guitarist, beautiful guitar but why the duct tape?