logitech mouse & utxmp

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
here's some fascinating* info for logitech mouse users...

my new logitech mx310 kept changing its mind about acceleration and button bindings in game. Although the logitech driver is supposed to switch off all its bindings and acceleration when you start a game, it wasn't always for u2xmp/utxmp.

I had a look at this link and added some reg keys to force the actions for these games... here's a .reg file with thechanges in case this is useful to anyone.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Logitech\MouseWare\CurrentVersion\GamingCompatibility]
"U2XMP"="U2XMP.exe"
"UT2004"="UT2004.exe"

*must get out more

Last edited:

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
I actually avoid using mouse drivers. I use an MX510, but any multibutton mouse ive used can map all the buttons just fine without the drivers.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

gnarkft

REyM
Apr 9, 2004
I got a mx500 and for some reason the window acceleration stays on while playing a game. now almost every professional gamer uses "the mousefix". The mousefix is released by thecpl (Cyberathlete Professional League).

The problem is: when you move your mouse over a long distance it will go faster after a while. for ppl with a low mouse sens it sucks.

Here is some more information and a download link http://www.gotfrag.com/portal/files/82/###

I have to warn everyone, you need to totaly relearn your aim.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
yet again, a logitech mx510 user... i didn't use logitech drivers... just standard drivers and i don't have any issues with the mouse.

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Another MX500 mouse user here. No problems with UTXMP configurations. And, I did not install the Logitech drivers either.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
dutch_gecko said:
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. One of the first optical mice, and solid as a rock. + good for lefties.
That's what I have, and I'm left-handed too, but use it right-handed. The desk is set up for my wife who never touches the computer, not me. :( I've been thinking about changing that, but it'll be Hell relearning the mouse/keyboard. Gecko, what keyboard layout do you use?

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
dutch_gecko said:
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical. One of the first optical mice, and solid as a rock. + good for lefties.
yes, that's what i just dropped - it's a good mouse but has 400dpi and apparently can't cope with quick moves as much as newer mice. have a look at this link
also i use the logitech drivers cos i like no acceleration in games but some in normal use, and it switches between those for me, or is meant to.
gotbeer, remember you can have two usb mice connected at once!
gnarkft, if you add the regkeys i said in the first post, acceleration will go off in game. then at least you get the choice.

btw, it turned out a new mouse didn't stop me from getting trounced every time :lol:

Oakwind

May 18, 2004
Never had a 500 so I wouldn't know. But the mouse is sweet as hell, on the fly dpi changing is the sexorz.

Last edited: