Unreal Editor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
I seriously hope the god damn thing is stable and not so god damn bugy as Version 3....V1 and 2 were pefectly stable and excellent, but V3 is annoying, bugy and crashes for any reason it can find....I hope UT2k7's will be stable..dont you...

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
Specs, a basic Dell desktop. except for 256mb Ram and Pentium 4 3.4Ghz. Angel, Im pretty sure your not gonna have problems, if im correct, your able to afford a computer that people like me who cant find a job cant afford... O well Im pissed with UED, two times within 90min UED crashed while vertex editing......

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
1) i hope epic to fix the crash bug when i try to set visibility of the terrain polygons along the trim
2) and i hope they can implement the instant playtest function. just hit a button and you can playtest your map in the ued from your current camera position. this is really useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as for a professional editor

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Yup. Only time it ever crashes is when I do something stupid, and that's not often ;) Stable and powerful system = stable editor, simple as that. Oh, and it helps to know what not to do as well :)

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
OutlawSkot33 said:
O well Im pissed with UED, two times within 90min UED crashed while vertex editing......

You think thats bad. I gave up completely on a map 75% complete because every time I tried to change a texture on the terrain UED would lock up.
Haven't really bothered mapping since then, (mainly because of time though)

The bug with the crashs when making terrain invisible drove me nuts too. I think my computer just hates terrain.......

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I can't wait to see what the new Ued will be like, but I have a feeling there will be so many new options it will take a while to figure it out....quite some time at that. Hopefully it's not complicated enough to make me go get new VTM's, but hey I have no problem supporting 3dBuzz again if it comes to that. :) I like my big red book and videos.

Anyway, I've never had Ued 3 crash on me unless something was missing from the map or I did something stupid. 768 or 1024 mb of ram is essential for mapping though.

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
I actually heard that the editor will finally be cross-platform and rewritten in xWindows/xWidgets ... I sure hope that's true. That's the only reason why I'm still needing a Windows PC for texture compiling and the sort.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
UEd3 is quite stable for me. Usually the only time it crashes is when I do something dumb like tell a texture to diffuse itself. I have had trouble with the terrain visibility tool, though. Seemed it kept crashing when trying to draw the tool circle on polygons outside the bounds of the terrain. However, it doesn't do that all the time, as it sometimes bounds itself like the other tools. Strange.

I, personally, do not care if the program is buggy for screwups so long as it's filled with content like the current version. Why waste time fixing bugs that only pop up because of user error? They have more important things to work on.

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
KirinRiotCrash said:
I actually heard that the editor will finally be cross-platform and rewritten in xWindows/xWidgets ... I sure hope that's true. That's the only reason why I'm still needing a Windows PC for texture compiling and the sort.

its wxWidgets, but yes, it is going to be crossplatform, as well as the fact its been completely recoded.

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
KirinRiotCrash said:
That was was it! Thanks Xipher ... I knew it had a w or an x in it ... I wasn't sure which one. Thanks.
Welcome. I have been messing around with it a little myself, great API IMHO.

Last edited:

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
OutlawSkot33 said:
Specs, a basic Dell desktop. except for 256mb Ram and Pentium 4 3.4Ghz. Angel, Im pretty sure your not gonna have problems, if im correct, your able to afford a computer that people like me who cant find a job cant afford... O well Im pissed with UED, two times within 90min UED crashed while vertex editing......

ITs a dell!! thats the problem :p
I only saw ued 3 crash when i was pushing its limits, or was trying to find ways to make it crash.

so.. what on earth are you doing to ued?

OutlawSkot33

Im me.
May 27, 2004
Because its all my mom could afford (even though she spent around $1,200 on it.)

What am I doing to UED? Nothing bad. It will crash for any reason. I can add a brush and it will crash on me (thats VERY VERY rare though)