Improving tank capabilities!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
http://www.tanksim.com/topic3.htm

the tank on this site is just an example of the other possibilities a real tank is capable of.

"But this is an UNreal Tournament" I hear you cry! So what? You don't have to add all the features that are possible (within the limitations of UT2004, I mean). ;) These are just some useful facts about how real tanks work, enjoy! :)

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Things a tank is capable of:
- rolling around crazy terrain
- blowing the crap out of things

The Goliath does everything I want a tank to do in a game :D

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Taleweaver said:
Crew: 3

That site has their data wrong: a normal tank only fits 2 persons ;)
Wrong. Most tanks fit three people.

The first person is the Driver. This person's sole job is to drive the tank.

The second person is the Machinegunner. Self-Obvious.

The third person is the Cannoneer. Also Self-Obvious.

UT2004 just combines the Driver and Cannoneer.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Hmm...in case it wasn't obvious, I was kidding. Hence this little guy at the end of the post -> ;)

You see, after playing UT2004 for so long, you start seeing that tank as the real one, and a real life tank must be...

Ah, forget it. Jokes are never funny when you explain them.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Yeah, but do teh russains have an ion plasma tank?

No, I didnt think so!!

Its funny that its a prototype in UT2004 though, as it was a fully operational tank in UT99. See the storyline of AS-Guardia....

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
what if I said that there's some tanks which uses a smoke-screen. Now, just imagine having one of THOSE on a Goliath Tank! ;) ;) ;)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
CyMek said:
Its funny that its a prototype in UT2004 though, as it was a fully operational tank in UT99. See the storyline of AS-Guardia....
Hm, I never caught that detail! :p

But then again, we blow that one up, so don't they have to make a new one, and that's the one that appeared in Glacier, and then we steal it from them? :D

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
We have a vehicle already where the driver does not fire a weapon. The Bender. And driving the Bender SUCKS for exactly that reason.

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
"MANSLAUGHTER"
"FENDER BENDER"
:)
But if you have too much fun your team might get pissed off. :eek:
It would really suck if the tank driver coudn't fire a weapon. :D
Pretty hard to run over someone when you are going 1/2 as fast as them.

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
\/\/0RF said:
We have a vehicle already where the driver does not fire a weapon. The Bender. And driving the Bender SUCKS for exactly that reason.

What? Not having to worry about shooting and just running people over is the fun of the bender. A fully-loaded bender with a crazy driver is death on wheels for everyone.

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
Hyrulian Hero said:
Hm, I never caught that detail! :p

But then again, we blow that one up, so don't they have to make a new one, and that's the one that appeared in Glacier, and then we steal it from them? :D
Ah it is here that I think your wrong assault is the recreation of a famous past war scenario so the order doesn't really matter.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
\/\/0RF said:
What do you mean 'does not fire a weapon'? 1) Drive toward infantry 2) press 2 3) clear the area with skymine combo's 4) press 1

I usually rack up the infantry frags before the 'bender even stopped...assuming that there's no passenger on my turret (it's amazing how stupid these guys can be when you have to transport them)

captainrad

admiral spock!
Feb 15, 2004
dont the russians actually have tesla tanks.. or rather had? i swear some country had tesla tanks that shocked people who got to close, but just as deffence that they through on there, i dont think it was actually apart of the tank.. but yeah... tanks... yeah.. go tanks.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
captainrad said:
dont the russians actually have tesla tanks.. or rather had? i swear some country had tesla tanks that shocked people who got to close, but just as deffence that they through on there, i dont think it was actually apart of the tank.. but yeah... tanks... yeah.. go tanks.
Dude...You've played waaay to much Red alert.

Growler

Jul 26, 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrad

Dude...You've played waaay to much Red alert.

I suppose it's still possible to do... just hook up an electric live-wire to the tank's shell.... as long as the people in the tank don't touch the outer hull itself that is, lol!

shocking!

Piece of pi$$ - When would you like it?

what do you mean by that? you mean youd don't like the idea, it's easy to do, or both or neither? :hmm: