Sound Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nox

Apr 12, 2000
ireland
Visit site
Hello,can you help me.When I play UT for about a minute the sound start to crackle and get worse,this only happens in UT.
I have the latest patches,and drivers.

K6-2 400
128 ram
Erazor3 pro

These all worked up to a week ago,and then the problem started,I havent changed anything
Please help

RedBeard

Mar 23, 2000
Grapevine, TX USA
Visit site
Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If you want to save your saved games go into the UnrealTournament folder then system and look for the User.ini file. Copy and paste this in a safe place. Then uninstall UT reinstall and see if you are having the same problems. If not then get that User.ini file you saved and paste it back into the UT->system directory and you should be good to go.

BTW what kind of sound card do you have?

-Red

Nox

Apr 12, 2000
ireland
Visit site
I reinstaled the game and it had no effect,so I startd to change things in the ini this is what the sound part looks like

[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]
UseDirectSound=False
UseFilter=False
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=False
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=True
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=False
Use3dHardware=True
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
EffectsChannels=16
DopplerSpeed=9000.000000
MusicVolume=0
SoundVolume=160
AmbientFactor=0.700000

It seems to run fine now,but there is only a small bit of crackling I can live with that,btw I have a C labs SB pci128

O yea does any one know what [Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]
is ???

thanx Nox

SINatra

Apr 2, 2000
Visit site
I had this same problem with my soundblaster live card, lots of crackling and static after a few minutes of play, and then the game crashed. I shut off the hardware enabled sound options (I use headphones anyway), and I haven't had a problem with the game since.