Borderlands Gameplay Performance and IQ

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
[H]ard|OCP matches Borderlands with 9 NVidia and AMD graphics cards to see if playing the game at high resolutions with NVidia cards is really "The Way It's Meant To Be Played"

If you have a great big 30" monitor, you will be well-served for Borderlands by just about anything as strong as or stronger than a GeForce GTX 275. The GTX 295 gave us the absolute highest-level of performance, but for all its power and price-tag, it did not deliver a better experience than the GTX 275, just higher framerates. For your 24" LCDs and 1080p panels, a GeForce GTS 250 will suffice, but you may be better served by a GeForce GTX 275 if there is room for such an upgrade in your budget. All of you folks out there with 20" LCDs running at 1680x1050 and the like will be very well-served by a GeForce GTS 250, and you can pad your bank accounts a little more with the money you will save.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I too run it on a 8800GTS on a 20" at 1680x1050.
Framerate is far from perfect (I consider 60FPS to be perfect if it is maintained at all times, and this runs at about 40FPS average) but I disabled framerate smoothing and one frame thread lag in the .ini and it is now so much better than the choppiness I was getting before.
All settings maxed.