NIN - Bleedthrough.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Nine Inch Nails.
Title: Bleedthrough (Nothing).
Expect it: "Soon."

"The record explores loss and possible discovery of self," says Trent Reznor about the follow-up to 1999's The Fragile, "along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback." Reznor has enlisted Atticus Ross, Jerome Dillon, Leo Herrera, mix engineer Rich Costey and Rick Rubin to help mold bleedthrough, which will feature new songs such as "The Line Begins To Blur," "Everyday Is Exactly The Same" and "My Dead Friend." This time out, Reznor is introducing high-tech to low-life. "Computers, among other things, are ruining music these days," he says. "I hate the Pro Tooled sound of perfection and everything being 'fixed.' This record is most definitely 'un-fixed.'" And when it comes to touring behind the release, T. Rez is planning on reinventing the will. "It won't be the last tour over again. That person isn't here anymore."

I don't like the sound of 'computers are ruining music these days', but let's see how it turns out.

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
-reaper- said:
I don't like the sound of 'computers are ruining music these days', but let's see how it turns out.

Have you ever mixed (really that is) music using professional programs? Its so easy to fix mistakes that music loses some of its character by being.....well tooo perfect and overly mixed. Sometimes its good to let a mistake through just like in life its the mistakes that give us character (and the really cool scar to show the chicks at the bar). Needless to say, I get his point. :p

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
I can see where he's coming from with this new album, if everyone recalls his last official release was the Still CD, which i thought was just absolutely beautiful. The more organic style of his music (by organic i mean it was mainly piano music with a few other instruments, no distorted beats or guitars thrashing about) is probably the direction he's going in now i suspect. Either ways i'm anticipating his new album just for a chance to catch them on tour this time round.

I'm guessing i'll want to be seated for this rather than stood in the pit though, i doubt he's going to be playing march of the pigs anymore :)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I have been wondering if NIN would ever release a new album. I am a huge fan of NIN so I cant wait for this release. It is good to hear that they are in fact working on a new album. Finally something very good coming out in a age where new music is just plain crap and we get maybe one or two seriously good albums a year out of the hundreds of albums that come out.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
tool said:
I have been wondering if NIN would ever release a new album. I am a huge fan of NIN so I cant wait for this release. It is good to hear that they are in fact working on a new album. Finally something very good coming out in a age where new music is just plain crap and we get maybe one or two seriously good albums a year out of the hundreds of albums that come out.
I've already had more than just 2 good albums this year. I think you simply pay too much attention to the crowd pleasing music biz.
I really really hope that trent delivers a next masterpiece!

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
phil said:
Have you ever mixed (really that is) music using professional programs? Its so easy to fix mistakes that music loses some of its character by being.....well tooo perfect and overly mixed. Sometimes its good to let a mistake through just like in life its the mistakes that give us character (and the really cool scar to show the chicks at the bar). Needless to say, I get his point. :p

Like Led Zeppelin, 100% pure music nothing artificial. Even has mistakes. And still one of the best bands EVAR!

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
tool said:

They?

Dude, last time I checked Trent Reznor is NIN and does it all himself.
The NIN "band" that he tours with don't have any input into the album - they just play what he tells them after he has written, composed, recorded and then released the album.
Thats why "they" sound so different live (still sound very good though :D)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
_Zd_Tapeworm_ said:
I still say Leaving Hope is the best thing Trent Reznor ever did, the first 2 minutes of that song = amazing compositional skills.

Word. Some songs of 'Still' were really impressive, I didn't really expect something like that from Reznor.

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
PsychoMoggieBagpuss said:
They?

Dude, last time I checked Trent Reznor is NIN and does it all himself.
The NIN "band" that he tours with don't have any input into the album - they just play what he tells them after he has written, composed, recorded and then released the album.
Thats why "they" sound so different live (still sound very good though :D)

Even though Trent writes and records most of the songs, you'd be surprised how much you hear on the albums is actually other people he's brought in as session musicians. If you look at the credits in the booklets you get with all the albums, you'll see most stuff not played by Trent is played by flood, that is Charlie Clouser, Robin Finck and Jerome Dillon etc (basically everyone who plays with him live). But as far as i know, on the Fragile, not one song was recorded by Trent alone, there was always someone providing a drum track or guitars etc.

Although not to take any credit away from him, as far as i know when he was recording The Downward Spiral, he took the drumkit into every room of the house and recorded for example the bass drum or snare drum merely for the slightly differing acoustics. That's H4R|>C0R3!!11!

Anyways, is anyone up-to-date with the current live NIN setup? As far as i know Charlie Clouser and Robin Finck no longer play with Trent live anymore (i forget the reasons) although they still contribute in the studio etc.