****POLL ON THE BETTER GAME****

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
1. Half life
2. Unreal Tournament
3. Quake2(various mods)
4. Quake, Painkeep
5. Duke

I love UT and it is without a doubt the best game released in 99 but Half life is my all time favorite game. Everyone seems to love CS but I just play deathmatch or team deathmatch HL. Something about the realistic weapons and awesome sound effects keeps me coming back. The maps are so interesting and varied too.

UT is like futuristic space combat, which is very cool but Half life is like modern day gun sligging.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
From what I hear then you'd like the infiltration mod. (I've got it, but not used it yet).

bullet2.gif

Yeah, they come to snuff the Rooster...
nguid:167703

HWAS

Dec 26, 1999
Carnegie, PA USA
members.tripod.com
Quake 3 should have made it to lastplace, and Quake 2 second (I am such a rail whore, I hate how they made it ****ty in Quake 3 /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif). Tribes should be third place, while Half-Life should be fourth place.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
I tried the demo of Tribes, and really liked it. Problem was my cable connection was being a bitch. I should re-download it and try it out.

Do we have ... er.. hmm... I guess PuF's on Tribes wouldn't look too smart.

bullet2.gif

Decrepit

Feb 1, 2000
Visit site
This is the order i think they should come in
1)Unreal Tournament
2)Rogue Spear
3)Counter-Strike (half life mod)
4)Quake 2-3
5)Half-Life
decrepit.gif

S

Selerox[PuF]

Quake 3 shouldn't even be in that list. It just doesn't cut-it with the best games out there. For it's time Q2 beats it. Quake 3 may have a cool engine, but apart from that, it's just not up to scratch.

Go to members.xoom.com/selerox/index2.html for a short article I wrote a few months back.

Sorry, that was a bit off topic wasn't it... /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

bullet2.gif

Puf: keepin' it unreal, 24 hours a day!

[This message has been edited by Selerox[PuF] (edited 02-02-2000).]

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Now now, no need to start bashing something just because someone wants a poll.

Shame on you Selerox... all that hostility's going to give you an ulcer. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

S

Selerox[PuF]

Sorry, need to come out of "opinionated b*****d" mode /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Xzibit|PuF

I'm what happens when a can of Spam and a m0 mate.
Feb 2, 2000
Visit site
Dude why would you post that crap in a UT forum i think everyone would get pissed if someone start talking about how great half life and quake are on a UT forum!!

bullet2.gif

Quitch

Infiltration was OK, but it really needs to throw weapon accuracy while you move, or slow down your speed while in secondary mode, or it is still a case of move to win rather than real tactics.

bullet2.gif

Quitch
"Howdy doodie little kitty, the baaaad man is here"

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
<OL TYPE=1><LI>Unreal Tournament DM
<LI>Unreal Tournament TDM
<LI>Unreal Tournament CTF
<LI>Unreal Tournament AS
<LI>Unreal Tournament DOM
<LI>Unreal Tournament LMS</OL>

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 391733

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
My 2 cents... on my low end system (p200, 64RAM, V2 card) UT beats Q3 hands down.
With the Q3 demo my lag got worse with each new release. The point release slowed my system to a crawl, even after turning off every single piece of eye-candy, and playing against 2 bots, it looked like crap and played like crap. Playing it online couldn't even be considered.
Tried the UT demo, then went back and deleted the Q3 demo from my system.
My system runs UT great, online and in single player. I don't have to go out right away and buy a high-end rig. Graphics are great, no lag unless using a ridiculous number of bots. All the game mods make it hard to get bored. Haven't played Q2 in a few weeks.
Bottomline .. Q3 looks prettier, but UT is far more fun to play and doesnt suck all your system resources away.

bullet2.gif

I feel wet.. am I bleeding?

Nov 29, 1999
Florida
Visit site
DM: UT
TDM: UT
CTF: Tribes(nuthin beats the great outdoors)
Domination: For me its a Tie Between UT and Tribes(C&H)

as for my list...

1. Tribes
2. UT
3. Duke 3D
4. AvP
5. Q2

now thats my list, and i dont wanna hear crap like "but where's Half-life", hey I thought halflife sucked *** .

just my opinion