Sheet Texturing, help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
i'm somewhat new to mapping, and on my second map, i tried adding a sheet, it worked ok, but when i came to texture it it wouldn't it remained blank, i tried adding, subtracting, insecting everything, starting again each time, i've looked on Wiki and found nothing, so i'm hopin all of you can help me, PLZ :)

PhrozeN

And Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Sep 16, 2001
Winnipeg MB
www.redfire-mg.com
did you rebuild the map? Happens to me in UED2, I add a sheet then it just dissapers for no reason. When I rebuild all is well! If not mabey by some chance you turned the surface setting to invisible.

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
invisible eh? sounds likely, how do i turn it off, if that doesn't work i'll restart from the beggining

also will anyone with a lot of patience please try out a n00b mappers first map? its here that one is my first map

PhrozeN

And Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Sep 16, 2001
Winnipeg MB
www.redfire-mg.com
lol is it just the cube. Keep at it though, like I did my first map was pretty much that. But start looking at other peoples maps, and get inspiriation by playing the ones in unreal tournament, base game flow and geomerty styles off from them. Took me awhile before I got any good.

On Another Note:

Don't be intersecting, deintersecting, and subtracting sheets, because thats just no good.

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
yeh just a cube, but an artistic firend told me 'the texture i had chosen made the blood more prominent' LOL :lol:

you still haven't told me how to turn invisibility off though :(

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
It's unlikely you've turned it invisible, invisible surfaces are only actually invisible when in Realtime Preview mode (the little joystick icon on the viewports) - otherwise they're visible like all other surfaces.

Right click a surface and select SurfaceProperties. The invisibility flag is in the options there :)