FluXs Thoughts - 4th Dec 2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Woops, its slightly late, but I have been thinking about it :D

Since my November post (1,424 views !) there have been a lot of discussions over DA2 in these forums. However some have not yet been resolved or are still waiting to be talked about, but on the whole a carm has settled on the land of DA \o/

Recapping some of the events since November 4th, there has been a lot of media posted around the forums and some updates, with info on the rebirth of the mini boot program from DA:UT to the introduction of our customised loading screens for each map.

Speaking of maps. We have Spec and [D] mapping at the momment and also slobo who will be converting some of his maps (village) from DA:UT to DA2. Also I hope to convert DA-Egypt to DA2 for another classic map.

However the maps do not fit the new theme of DA2 very well (location etc) thus the reason why they have been called classics so they can be left as they are :)

DA-DDAY may or may not be ported as it is close to the DA2-DragonFly map; but who knows... If enough people vote for it (Poll located in DA:UT section) I might port it... but which version lol? as each DA:UT release it changed.

One of the biggest problems we got, is getting the feel of the game right. Making it gritty and just cool to play, without going into some realism game or leaving it like UT2004s arcade style with tripple jumps. Currently the feel of it (looks and play) is still a bit like Ut2004, but RO if is anything to go by; shows that a UT2004 mod can look different and not look like UT2004 :)

Also word seems to be spreading again of DA2 with unreal sites posting our news without us having to tell anyone. Expect soon for us to post the current media spotted around the forums on the website.

A HUD still needs to be worked on and the ingame GUI is now going from concept to implementation. However people with these skillz would be helpful.

On the AI side, aBsOlUt has said it is possible to create a special actor which bots will use for defending and attacking from. This was talked about before and bassically will allow a mapper to identify areas a bot should stand to defend from. Such as bunker windows, sandbags or behind other objects. Hopefully this will be started soon.

Currently from what I can tell the gameplay is still pvp mode a player can join either side. Both sides are the Alliance Forces which will stay like that until the shadow forces are finished. But Bots join both teams and fight. I have not had time yet to test bot v bot matches to see if they can actually win or lose games without human help. But its getting one step closer to the HvP Modes.

We are also intending to produce a classic mode for DA2 which is just bassically for maps ported from DA:UT which play out the same way as they did in DA:UT (almost) with the da2-classic- extension.

It looks like there will be no DA2 release this year but we are making progress. In my heart I still feel we have a way to go before I am happy in myself with releasing a first release and to those who have stayed in contact with DA via forums and IRC, I thankyou, if it was me I would of lost interest ages ago :p

For those of you how know, I have got a court date for the assualt and it will be on the 13th December 2004 (Monday) so depending on how I feel afterwards I'll update you that week. I would just like to take this momment to thank the people who have offered their support to me as it does make a difference to me :)

Not much to say for December, but I will be bulking this post out after I have read it a few times :)

A final thought : I intend to make DA2 a true sequal to the oringal (as well as many people in the team) overcoming the problems from DA:UT and making the game more enjoyable then ever. I would of liked it to be out by now which I think you all agree with :p seeing how other mods in the lack of a DA2 release have been developed and released already. But never fear, if you build it, they will come :)

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
/me tips hat at Hamma

stiff upper lip and all what not I say.

Dont forget specy does regular news posts on f0rums :)

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
hamma seems to have 3 hands, oh wait... eeeew

:jen:

back on topic:

Epic have now put into the UT04 EULA that mods for UT2004 can use content from U1, U2, UT99.

So its officially official. :D

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
me and spec talked quickly about creating a new tetxure file of U2 textures for us to use. The problem is extracting the U2 textures without losing any of the settings, as from U2-UED you cannnot exporting the textures, but i think you can access them from UT04-UED and exporting them that way, then import them into a single unreal2text.utx file.

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN

EEK THE SEA IS FULL OF FISH CRAP
i was thinking more aliens film type flamer unit last ditch hold off weapon till u get more fire support so it don't lag out game with only a few second bursts at most and a low fuel capacity so no gaylords will run round spaming flamer all the time

na keep naplam nades but just limit there use more or give them faster burn time so its more a flash and anything close(player or shadow and trees) catches on fire + high damage rate as well

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
well a weapon would be needed first. You could control lag better with a flame thrower by adding some sort of heat counter, so only short bursts are possible....

Anyway. its midnight, so that means in 10 hours I will be in court giving evidence.... even though im the victim I feel like I am having to prove myself.

The people who attacked us have had a lawyer since day 1 and all I get is to see a person a few minutes before I go in. This is because the Crown are prosecuting them but doesnt feel so.

They are both still pleading not guility and one has changed his story to that he was not there; he was with his 'new' girlfriend, but when the police went for a statement she refused to give one (go figure)

I dont do much praying but I hope when there defence see that we have turned up (most cases fail as victims never turn up) they will change to guilty to get lighter sentence then stay as not guilty and then be found as guilty... waiting till the last minute... as this means I wont have to be called in if they plead guilty.

Even though what ever they get, if anything will not be good enough for me, I can say I did it, and at least i'll get to see the person who kept beating me into unconsciousness with a piece of wood (which he denys he used)... some people are just not for this world, and I hope they burn in hell some time in the future.

goodnight :)

:(

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
went to court. from 9:00am to 5:00pm

I was first up, so I spent the longest time in there (2 hours), talked about the night in question step by step then there defence came along nit picking at all my answers. Then started to acquse me of stuff I didnt do. Like I indeed raised my fist to strike his client. In that I was the person who dealt the first blow. and that he acted in self defence.

I could of laughed at that but i was almost on fire by his comments. At the start I was explaining my answers which just gave him more to throw back at me, so at the end i just kept saying NO to all his bollocks ideas;

GOD, when my brother went it to be questioned, he accused my mom, dad, me and everyone else. of boozing and being drunk and went out the house looking for a fight. jesus christ... i am so mad. I couldnt believe he was able to just make up ****...

Oh and the last point, when i say i could not identigy the attacker due to the fact he was geared up for a fight (head mask and weapon) the ****ers had a beaming smile from one eye to the other, and had there hands resting behind the heads leaning back in the chairs. He even gave me a wink. E£%&"$&$%^£$$£"!^!$£^&!&$!^%*

Due to the ammount of witnesses its been "part heard" so today some time soon it will be there turn (the defence) to stand up.

It looks like because I cant ID them (as it was police who arrested them through interviews) there lawyers (each one gets there own lawyer supplied) that those ****tards will say you cannot prove behind resonable doubt it was my clients or something **** like that :mad:

The only good point was that there was this girl doing her law degree and she was like support guru for witnesses comming out of trial, so she spent a lot of time with me, yeah but I didnt get her number.

When I left the room. they where very good. they found me looking out a window and sat down with me and talked about what had happend.

I couldnt go back to my family as they where all witnesses waiting to be called, so i spent most of the day by myself and the two witness support people.

Last edited: