Cars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TerOmen

Mar 24, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
I'm sure you guys have thought of this, but it seems to me it should work.

Why not for cars, model each tire seperately and give them coding to be like players. So each tire lays level on the ground. That way the physics are very realistic.

Would this work? Like leave the camber very high so a Hummer or whatever could go over fairly rough terrain.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I want to see driveable HMMWV with room for passengers and the M2 mounted in back. And I want to see some realistic war-style maps, Haven't seen too many of those around, just that future or city based crap.

------------------
I am the Creature of the Night

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Try requesting for some more realistic war-style maps in the mapping discussion category. Or just wait to see what's released with 3.0

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
I agree with two things: We don't need cars. This isn't Midtown Madness with Guns!(tm)

The other thing is I'd like to see more battle field maps. Trenches, mortar holes, foxholes, all that jazz. zombie's right, alot of stuff today is just urban operations or some slightly convoluted somehow futuristic thing. I don't want plasma coils on a train or sinking a ufo, those seem to detached from reality. I'd like to see strictly stuff you hear about on CNN or something. Bombed out cities. Desert planes. Midnight trench warfare, tracer rounds penetrating the darkness.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I requested a trench warfare map the other day, and someone just replyed with, "A map like that would lag too much". or something. Anyway, I know what he meant, but I still think it could be done without lagging down your whole machine. And boy that would be cool.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Real trenches were deep enough that they were probable about a man-and-a-half deep at their deepest, and even more so if they weren't on low-lands. I said deep alot. That said, it would be very easy to create portals for the trenches, and their offlying areas (ammo dumps, machine gun nests)

Keep in mind alot of trenches connected to subterranean tunnels entire. It would be very cool to see a whole hillside-to-plain trench warfare scenario. The attacking team has to route their way through trenches, and the defending team has pillboxes and machine gun nests, mortar turrets and bunkers. Operation Overlord, again - attacking against all odds. The attacking team would have to cross a grassy flatland, and take the subterranean hillside fort over by securing the command post. I wish I had mapping skills now. Its pretty bad when you understand all the concepts of mapping, and how to make intricate maps without slowdown, but you're to retarded to grasp the interface of UnrealEd cause it just looks like a bunch of niggly little lines to you. I read every tech spec their was on the engine and the code. Now if only I had any skills whatsoever other than a hyperactive imagination. =)