Decoration Package

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
I went to load my newest map, and it wouldn't load with 2.86 newly installed. It couldn't find the decoration hummer wheel. It appears this has been removed from the decoration package. Why would anybody do that? Now my maps won't load. My currently unreviewed DOM-Domination doesn't load either. I'm going to have to update, or something. I'll have to dig up the older decoration package to load my map to "fix" it. Now, I may have done something wrong, and I hope it's just my stupidity. Could anybody clear this up for me????
Jaymian

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Yeah that hummer wheel belonged to an older version of the hummer that we replaced w/ a new one. Just didn't add in a new hummer wheel to replace that one... :hmm:

So you'll need to open your maps using it w/ the old INF_Deco .u file & remove it. Los Pescados is working on providing a download for the old deco file at Real Maps for mappers who didn't back up their old version, so they can do the fix.

Sorry about this...

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Sorry about that Jaymian. It is being reviewed! I gave it to Damodred but he couldn't get it done before he had to move, so as soon as he gets back it'll be posted! :D

Mike

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Los, I don't care that is hasn't been reviewed, as much as people can't play it with INF 2.86. And if Damodred has INF 2.86, he can't review it. Now I'm stumped on what I should do about it. Apparently it's already been reviewed(thanks reaper:)). That means it's out there, and pretty messed up. I don't want several versions floating around confusing people. I'm hoping it gets ironed out by the INF team, soon, with a patch. Otherwise I'll have to take it up the pooper, and release a version for every INF version:(.

Jaymian

Reaper, my german isn't what it should be. Is that a good review or what:) ?

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
(translated using Babelfish)

Name DOM INF Domination
Size 3.13 MB
Author Jaymian
Player 6-8
Valuation 70 %

This is a further level of the ' nonstop Mapper ' Jaymian. The name is in this map program, because it is for the play mode Domination. According to the ReadMe takes place the fight in a secret base, it applies at it three inspection points to take: COMMAND control, generator control and Getaway lobster. The points are represented not as usual in UT by large lighting up characters, but are invisible, what naturally comes the reality to property. The disadvantage to it is however which one difficulties has it to find if one the map for the first time plays. This represents in particular in the large control center a problem, I had only the whole space to run around the point to find. By the general tightness of the base above all close-range weapons are used, sniper not much joy here will have into this level.
Optically the map varies between two extremes: While the courses with its few details and boring textures look rather bad, in another place objects with many details convince, e.g. the computers, chairs or also the toilets. Unfortunately almost everything of these articles is platziert off the main routes which to it leads which one it to face gets only rarely. The large control room works with its large multicolored displays for infiltration unsuitable. On the other hand there are also some animated displays with pictures from the level which the illusion by monitoring cameras created.
Also this map does not support alternating infiltration going noises, this continues to be noticeable however by that to almost everywhere same soil not. Much more disturbs also here the mood music, which over-sounds the rifle fire in many situations even.
The Bots functions practically perfectly, it finds all inspection points and defends these also selbsstaendig. To play I cannot support the predicate of the Mappers these maps with 6-12 users however: As soon as more than 8 players by the courses the map will run to gigantic blood bath with which one of all pages is at the same time attacked and on the way to the inspection points inevitably at groups of opponents must. The Spawnpunkte is distributed also particularly intelligently, it occurred not rarely player only some steps from the generator far away starts.
All in all is INF Domination a nice level in all in the play mode are interested, which become most however it after a few rounds again of their map rotation to probably remove.

:)

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
jaymian I can send you the old decco pack if you like.. that way you could replace the new one with it (back up the new one) and get rid of the old deccos.. I had to do it for a few ds maps... Dont panic dude its a 10 min job 80)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Already done Fox. It's not the time or doing it. It's the confusion of possibly too many versions. For DS, it's not out yet, so no biggy. Domination is already out, so it could be a problem. I just wanted to know if it would get fixed, or if this will be a continuing problem. I have no problem with making a Domination for 2.86, but I don't want to have to keep worrying about it. From what I hear, it is a mistake, and hopefully they learn from it. So I'll prolly just re-release domination. I'll wait and see if warren e-mails me back, or I hear anything official from anybody else. Realmaps can't review it as is, and most people don't even know it's out, so it's not that big of an epidemic:)

Jaymian

Thanks Black. Monkey monkey nintendo spit (gotta love babelfish):)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
*reads babelfish translation*
*giggles frantically*
*reads 'getaway lobster'*
*laughs maniacally*
*falls from chair*
*dies*