Where is everyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
This is like week number 2 and there is hardly anyone playing anymore? can't keep tabs on xmp since i uninstalled it 3 weeks ago but i hear that game is getting alittle more players now

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
This is like christmas eve...there should be hardly anyone playing anymore...remember this is a beta and the first patch hasn't been implemented yet.

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
people arent playing just cause its xmas eve, people wasnt last night, or the night b4 that or... yea you get the idea. :Poop:

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
LOL, dude it's christmas vacation man, get a clue. For most schools it started this week monday, so play would have been severely impacted from friday of last week. The few that are playing are those who bother to continue with the beta and don't have holiday obligations at this time - which isn't much.

I haven't been able to play since thursday of last week because I am on vacation in tennesee, but I do have internet access to access the forums.

Last edited:

v3rmm

Dec 13, 2004
ill be going to my cousins this week-end for a few days, and finnally get away from this dial-up.... utxmp is top priorty :)

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
and some us put utxmp on the low priority list as getting drunk and high is definitely more important these 2 weeks.

toky

Gramaton Cleric
Jun 19, 2004
www.mgamers.org
I for one really miss XMP :( Seems like no ones ever playing :( Was watching some of the movies i made and i want too play so bad.

Merry Christmass Free-Monkey Team and thanks! XMP Forever!

:)

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
I sure as heck will keep my hands away from UTXMP until the first patch. And even then I´ll be very cautious. It´s terribly buggy and barely playeable. But it´s nice that many new kids have come to play ol´ XMP. Hmmhmmhmm. I think I go countering some turret and gas spam... hmhmhmhmhm.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
(GR)Killer said:
This is like week number 2 and there is hardly anyone playing anymore? can't keep tabs on xmp since i uninstalled it 3 weeks ago but i hear that game is getting alittle more players now
Well, uh, yeah... there are people playing... the old u2xmp, though. If you guys haven't fired it up for a while, you would notice fewer servers, but probably more players than you would think. Heck, on xmas eve/day, there were more players in u2xmp than utxmp...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
.pot.OptimusPrime said:
I sure as heck will keep my hands away from UTXMP until the first patch. And even then I´ll be very cautious. It´s terribly buggy and barely playeable. But it´s nice that many new kids have come to play ol´ XMP. Hmmhmmhmm. I think I go countering some turret and gas spam... hmhmhmhmhm.

Buggy, yes! hardly playable, no! buggiest map i've played is rampant...i can't play ranger anymore in there...laggy and everything seems 3X's faster...sniping can be easy depending on lag but then u need to adapt.

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
don't try to put utxmp in some pretentious state, 5 days after it came out hardly anyone was playing it...maybe 2-4 active servers of 50+..

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Whoa I think Fur and I agree on something. Part of the problem is marketing / PR. U2XMP had a crapload of magazine CD's and reviews, etc. I think UTXMP has had maybe one review? Yes, it's beta, but other mods like red orchestra have had several previews/reviews prior to full release. Relying on the xmp community to publicize the game is not going to work.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I just got UT2K4 on Christmas Day, so I'll be trying to play maybe this week sometime. Gotta get a friend with broadband to dl the mod for me. Just so you know, I will be opening the box VERY carefully just in case it doesn't work for me. I also got HL2 and Doom3, shocked the CRAP out of me! The pregnant hormones have made the wife surprisingly generous (that, or she's hiding stuff in her maternity clothes!).

Dec 4, 2004
I just got back from vacation in TN, and it's so ****ing boring (especially so since I had no internet access) so I feel your pain phatty. Now that I'm back, it's time to practice XMP until my fingertips bleed.