So my damn.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ATeamDan

Music Man
Aug 1, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
monitor crapped out on me last night.....i just got GTA2 (god i love that game) and went to play it, and shabam...all of a sudden it was as if no power was going to my monitor...check all the external plugs with no avail...so now im back to using my 15 inch gateway vivitron......does anyone ahve any suggestions on why this happened.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
How proficient in electronics are you? It wasn't the game, that's for sure. It was probably just its time to go.

When you first plug in the monitor, do you hear a slight whining noise?

&

"Sp!ke"

Is this a tech tread? If so small question: Why does all the Red storm games(they give me BSoDs every 2 sec) hate my soundcard(some odd Aureal "sonic impact"thing) anyone has a good idea?

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
WARNING FROM AN A+ TECHNICIAN!: NEVER EVER EVER OPEN A MONITORS CASE AND TOUCH ANYTHING INSIDE. YOU CAN AND WILL DIE FROM ANY SHOCK YOU RECIEVE! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIX BY YOURSELF! just for people who encounter this in the future...

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by -=SDS=-ATeamDan
no it was'nt the game..and it was a new monitor....but alls good we are getting a new one tomorrow from dell...so oh well.

Yeah. Things electronic sometimes just blow even when new. Good thing about warranties, I suppose. I had a new Toshiba multi-tray DVD player blow on me the first time I switched it on. Took it back to Best Buy the next day and got a new one pronto!

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
Same thing happened to me, probably doing the same thing. Was it per chance switching resolutions, and then just didn't switch back?

Couldn't figure out how to fix the damn thing, so it just got replaced.

Bad idea to open stuff like this and your TV up. Yay capacitance.