Teamspeak & virus troubles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
uhh... nvr mind i got a virus warning, when iu just launched teamspeak.... it was as follows...

keypress.dll
infected with pws.hooker.trojan

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
from the Teamspeak-Forum:
pwk.linuxfan said:
though I agree it is interesting to see how the AntiVirus guys seem to all be using the same signatures, it speeks for itself that (as Brain has posted), AntiVir has agreed to disagree on the topic. New virus definitions removed the virus alert on the file...
Also there have been checks to find out if the trojan that is claimed to be found is indeed present, but aparently not one of the usual traces of this trojan could be found.
Also, check out this thread on a mcafee help forum http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=149056 - the interesting quote is "Sent it to webimmune and they confirmed that it is a flase positive and will be fixed in the next dat."

So guys, calm down . We are waiting for an official statment concerning the issue, but we are 99.99% sure (why? read above :p) that this is a false positive.

from the McAfee Support Forum:
playstation201 said:
Sent it to webimmune and they confirmed that it is a flase positive and will be fixed in the next dat. Could someone post that on the teamspeak.org forums so they can all relax? I cant since im at school right now.

so, time to chill again and use this nice voice-proggy.

PS: personally i think it was a dumb idea to release the new compiled teamspeak-install-package under the old name/version-number. only confuses people.

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
yeah it was compromised. It has keylogger and all in it. Oh well TS was pwned by a trojan virus. Me thinks the protocol was compromised.

Nick-

Jun 4, 2004
when i first saw that my virus scanner had picked up a trojan in Keypres.dll my first thought was that it would think it was a keylogger seen as you can use the funcion "Push to talk" so therefor Teamspeak must find a way to tell if your pressing the right key to talk .......

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
wonder why people dig out old threads like this about false virus alarms :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.