Very special game mode

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kristoph

Jan 19, 2000
Paris, France
Visit site
In this thread, I suggested the idea of a gametype that could be played on relular DM maps :

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71372

And I got this idea : If we can create some gametypes that can be played in generic maps like DM maps, why not randomize the gametypes as well as the maps. This is different from EAS as in EAS you have a very specific goal adapted to the map but more or less always the same. With this, you could one day go in Extreme Prejudice to find lost data, the other day you will have to attack and old some key positions, the next day you will have to kill all threats ...

We just need to develop the different gametypes for that.

So what do you think about it ?

MrtnGuitar

Maybe you go boom?
Oct 19, 2000
diff. games types would be ok... something with objectives is cool, as long as killin' is still a part of it.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I like that idea. If every round/game contained objectives that moved around or were different it would keep every round fresh. Maybe if it would drop them at random nodes or something.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
heres one i put as a suggestion a while back, it would work in a TDM lev.

---------------------------
Although here is another idea, uh, i think i will try using an example.
Have 2 teams fighting. The first team that gets eliminated respawns somwhere safe. But the round is not (ever) restarted - the surviving players have to fight against the freshly respawned team, possibly wounded and low on ammo.
Since the odds are that the remaining players will not survive, they eventually will die off, allowing thier team to respawn.
Heres the thing, award points as time survived.
It may promote camping, but they can't camp long with 8+(respawns) enemies searching for them.
It would also have the affect of making a team fight for a fortified position, and attempt to hold it as long as possible.
----------------------------

Oh man, i'm reusing old ideas now!
:(