Sound is bein a bitch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

A_Huge_Sweaty_Baboon

The Baboon... HAS.... SPOKEN
Aug 12, 2000
My Groin Is Sore
Visit site
I know this might not be appropriate for this forum, but in every game and application that uses music, EXCEPT UT and mp3, after a few seconds/minutes that sound goes all wacky.

Wacky as in, the sound is still there, but with all these funny, scratchy sounds over the top, eventually these sounds will increase and turn into MicFeeback, REALLY LOUD FEEDBACK with NO MIC plugged in.

These have only just started since i installed my TNT2pro.

I have a yamaha DS-XG legacy sound card PCI.

There is one conflict in there but it only got there while i was trying to fix the sound today.

Any help????

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
hmm.. while I'd think its kind of improbable, your soundcard and videocard might be incompatible..

when I was upgrading my comp, I first got a SoundBlaster 512 PCI, but when the tech guys at the comp place put my machine together.. the first sound uttered (the windows booting up sound) would lock the machine up. then we amped it up to a SB Live!, and it booted up fine.

I've never heard of your soundcard, so the most advice I could give you is to perhaps call nvidia's/your soundcard maker's tech support or try different drivers for your video and sound..

A_Huge_Sweaty_Baboon

The Baboon... HAS.... SPOKEN
Aug 12, 2000
My Groin Is Sore
Visit site
well
i got some new drivers from the yamaha website

It reduces the scratchyness to a random clicking, not very often, maybe one or two per 30 seconds.

The clicking is similar to an mp3 encoded badly with a crap encoder. Exactly the same (if you can picture what the hell i am talking about)

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
hmm.. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by clicking.. is it almost like static? liek as if you were listening to a radio station with bad reception? that's what happened when I tried to rip CDs on my old comp if I remember correctly

like I said, I know nothing of your soundcard and about the same amount about your videocard. as bad as I don't want to say this, you probably want to contact Yamaha's tech support department and see if there're any known incompatibilities with tnt2s

Suicide killa

Aug 24, 2000
Visit site
I think your problem has to do with your mp3 player. All mp3 players have a tendency to take over your sound settings of your system. I have winamp and sorta caused a problem. I had a problem with all my sound applications playing out of one side of the computer. I tried everything i could think of, and i overlooked the obvious. My winamp settings was set to play out of one side of the speaker and i didnt even notice it. I had always thought the problem was with my sound card.(damn im an idiot)

The first thing you should do is check the equilizer settings in your mp3 player. If the settings are too high then you will get that scratch noise. Try to find the default settings in the its options menu or setting them lower yourself. If this doesnt work then check all setting on your mp3 player that may affect the sound.

Another option i can give you is to uninstall your mp3 player and and see if that works only i wouldnt recommend it becuase sometimes the mp3 player will leave your system set to the way it is.