UT browser needs work...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Using the UT server browser is the most frustrating experience in this game..it takes forever to use because of "freezeups"..it continuously hangs up..the cursor barely "crawls" when used..I thouht Epic had this fixed this problem..well I am dissappointed..they knew about this problem months ago..and it still doesn't work..

Am I entiled to complain? you bet..'cause I am a paying customer! BAH !

[This message has been edited by EASY_Target (edited 12-02-1999).]

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Now we find out the true reason E_T bought the game....so his rants would be legit /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

My only complaint about the UT browser is that there isnt a "find a buddy" feature. I like to look for players who are ahead of me in the rankings and its just not possible with the ingame browser.

bullet2.gif

You got a problem with what I gotta say? Click here please.

bongzilla

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
I'm not flaming you or nothing, but what the hell are you doing using the UT server browser. I mean yea, sure they should have made it better, but Gamespy is so much better anyway. It's better than the UT server browser ever could be.

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Did you advance the slider for "GUI mouse speed" (something like that), in your UT preferences, Easy_T?
What I don't like about gamespy is having to shut down the game all the time and restart after selecting a server. Is there some shortcut to bypass doing this?

[This message has been edited by HuFlungDung (edited 12-02-1999).]

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Oh man! Its soooo much nicer to stay completely in the game then to leave and use gamespy. The only thing gamespy has over the ingame browser is the find a player feature I mentioned above. (not a flame just my opinion /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif)

bullet2.gif

You got a problem with what I gotta say? Click here please.

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
What I do, is use GameSpy to find a server that I want to play on, then enter the IP under the Multiplayer/Open Location tab. That way, I get the best of both worlds. The Open Location feature, also remembers all past IP's, so you just have to enter them once.

I also think that GS refreshes faster, and is more accurate concerning pings. But it seems that the ingame browser shows more servers. Not sure if that's true, though.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

[This message has been edited by Wingznut PEZ (edited 12-02-1999).]

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Anyone got a light?.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I tried Gamespy..but it was looking for some DLL windows file..wouldn't load..(more aggravation) .. MORE STRESS.. AAaaaaaaaAaAAaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I think the features in UT browser are cool..and I agree with the buddy list..even if it was Liquid_Sin who mentioned it.

But no kidding..every 30 seconds or so the damm thing freezes up..it is soooo sooo aggravating..it takes up to a minute for it to unfreeze..then it does it again...just to cruise through 3 or 4 servers takes 5 minutes or more..
then when I find a game..it's over in a couple of minutes.

NO SH|T I spend more time looking and logging than I do playing..wtf is wrong with this picture?

S

Slaughter

In Unreal I used to never have to leave the game while I used Gamespy to switch servers until the patch came out (225 I think) with the UBrowser and it no longer worked. What ever changed is still in the UT codebase. I sent that in as a "bug" way back then, but perhaps the game code is such that it can only respond to the UBrowser now when switching servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.