Wyld Style (Working Title)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trentdaddy

Interface with me by entering my face.
Jul 12, 2002
Alabama
Concept: A Wild-West style duel Mod and/or mute.
UT Version: I prefer UT99, but it might be a great idea for all if one hasn't been made for them.

Two players start out with their backs to each other (can this be forced?). They are required to walk 10 paces foward (or any amount of paces set by the server in options, maybe use seconds instead) before they can turn around and shoot, or run or do whatever.

Now let's say there are mutliple players (hopefully even amounts). Every set of two players have their back to each other's. Let's assume that all of them run off instead of shooting when they get through pacing. Well, then it is time for a game of tag. If player one kills player 3, then that kill is a challenge to player 3 which he can accept or decline (or maybe only accept). If P3 accepts then they will go into a duel like stated before. Let's say P3 wins. Then P3 will get some bonus points (kills) and perhaps all of P1's weapons.

Here's also a concept that could be implemented into the above situation. Lets say P1 kills P3 and P3 declines. Both will continue play as normal. But this process repeates like 7 times, giving P1 a high spread over P3 (assuming P3 gets no kills or deaths other than ones from P1). Finally P3 decides to accept a duel, but he wins the duel. He then earns back all the kills P1 has made on him (maybe this info is stored on some database if it isn't already) plus one or more points (stated in the Duel Mod options) and perhaps all of P1 weapons.

Of course, this mod idea can be tweaked a bit, but this is the general idea. Maybe it can be like Wyld Style Deathmatch and Wyld Style Team Deathmatch. Maybe even a Wyld Style Domination where the teams duel for the point.

What do you WMP'ers think?

Last edited:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Id say, use the newest tech available.

Insted of forcing people to pace off, what if you had maps with sorts of killing fields. Ie, imagine a single street where you spawn in the one of the bars, grab a gun or 2, then go outside for the showdown. Now what if to keep away from the basic DM/free for all. each person is on their own, but has a bounty on someone else. You earn money for killing youre bounty, and if you kill someone who not on youre bounty list, they can put some of their money to putting a bounty on you?

Trentdaddy

Jul 12, 2002
Alabama
Postal said:
Id say, use the newest tech available.

Insted of forcing people to pace off, what if you had maps with sorts of killing fields. Ie, imagine a single street where you spawn in the one of the bars, grab a gun or 2, then go outside for the showdown. Now what if to keep away from the basic DM/free for all. each person is on their own, but has a bounty on someone else. You earn money for killing youre bounty, and if you kill someone who not on youre bounty list, they can put some of their money to putting a bounty on you?

I inquired forcing so that this could be played on any map. By your suggestion, we could only do this on specialized maps and that won't give much longevity in it (especially in original UT). Not to mention we would have to design maps, and design them well(for anybody to play it more than once). But having maps made for the game (maybe DM maps) is not a bad idea at all.

Bounties? Eh, its been done. I guess as an add-on feature or an option, but it has been kind of done. The main focus is the duel aspect, but I think it could be expanded into a showdown type thing. And I guess if we are going with a Wild West theme, bounties would fit, I just don't want it seen as "another bounty mod". Doesn't Freehold basically do that?

If somebody actually creates this thing, then a new title I have proposed for it is Unreal Showdown. I like the sound of that. :)

Neuroflare

Brewer - Patriot
Jun 21, 2001
I dunno
wod.beyondunreal.com
It would be better to use team maps for this, so that there are specific areas to spawn in and be with your team. You are talkin a kind of team LMS. Small maps would be a definite requirement (who wants to hunt down the jerk that doesn't want to die?). You could confine the teams to their starting point for a few seconds so they get their bearings, then let them loose into the streets to hide behind wagons, barrels, and innocent prostitutes. It wouldn't be too big of a TC...

Trentdaddy

Jul 12, 2002
Alabama
All great ideas, but not what I was envisioning. I was just thinking of a mod where players would have to duel the old fashion way. Maybe it doesn't need to be a mod. Maybe just players should try playing that way if they are interested. (if they can play fairly). I just thought of dueling once and maybe thought it could be implemented into an FPS, such as UT.

Not sure if it is worth noticing this thread any more. It ain't like nobody is going to make this anyways.