[UT200X]-Skinning : Inserting own Team-Logos

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Hi!

Neither I know if anybody has done such a tut before (but I didn`t find one), nor I know if anybody needs that) ;)

Anyway, if you are interested in adding your personal (clan)logo to the game, maybe you`ll read further on. First of all, I apologize for upcoming fatal syntax errors and bad grammatics :p

WARNING: This tut does not explain every step, so you should be a little bit familiar with UEdit and a good Graphic Tool (eg.: Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop)

Basicly there are 2 files you need:

The part named YourTex can be changed by you (surprise!)

…\UT2004\Textures\TeamSymbols_YourTEX.utx – the texture file
…\UT2004\System\YourTex.int – the initiation file

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
1. The Painting Part
Let`s start with the texture

All you need is a 256x256 sized totally blank file. You can make it yourself, or be lazy and download it right now, your choice. *g*

Even more important are your inspirations right now! Be creative and think of what you want to do…… I`ll wait for you……Got it?......Can we move on?.....Ok

Ok, let`s take an original UT2k4 logo (Cold Steel) for example.

If you want to make the pic right at the moment with the correct size, you shouldn`t take the original template, so make a copy first! If you are a godlike painter, ignore this useless words
:p

If you make it only white, you`ll save UT probs in creating teamcolors, but you can also make it colored -> UT accepts that.
Read on with the next part, when you are ready.

Attachments

• tut-Logo-0.png
    tut-Logo-0.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 103

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Now it`s getting intresting! We have a painted logo and we have the excitement, great!

It should look like this now:

Let`s finish the painting phase! Let`s do some quick Alpha-channel-action and move on!
With the Magic Wand you should easily mark the wanted sections to copy and paste them into an equal image (the blank one!).

We should stand here now:

From that moment on we have 2 possibilities (concerning your skill).
Let`s do it that way, “Gozus” make the vital changes to alpha channels and save it dds....then they ignore the next post ;)

The others ….well follow me

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Ok just save this file in png (Portable Network Graphic) format and open your Upaint-Program (In case you can`t find it, it`s on your UT2k4-DVD in a folder called CD6, just open your eyes *g*)

Just make a new file or open a random character.

Then Import your png file on the head (or the body shouldn`t matter, both textures are at the same size)

Got it? Well let´s export this stuff as a Unreal Paint Project File (upt).

You are right, there is another image showing up here! No it has nothing to do with magic, I just wanted to save some work and use my own set of team logos :)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
2. The UEdit Part

After achieving all things, let`s proceed to our beloved UEdit! Make a new texture-file named

TeamSymbols_yourTex (important is to ad TeamSymbols before your name, that`s the trick!)

And import your stuff. I also made an object-class named “Team”, just to be on the safe side (the original tex were made the same way)

Do not forget to check the alpha channels in the properties.

Edit :
The textureclass (can be found in the texture-section in the properties) of the logo should be defined as LODSET_Interface for a properly displayed ingame logo (eg on flags).

After all is done…..save the file

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
3. The scripting part:

Now you are really in business! Only one more step to your goal!

Open your notepad/word/whatever and add the following lines:

[Public]
Object=(Class=Texture,Name=TeamSymbols_YourTex.YourTex,Description="SP")

Ok, let`s do some quick explanation, just in case you want to know what you are doing *g*

[Public] – This entry should neither be changed or left out

Object= - each logo in your tex, must be defined as an own object
Class=Texture – well I think that`s self-explaining
Name= - That tells UT which utx-file it should take
Description=”SP” – Makes the logo also available in SinglePlayer mode, if you make a “” it will only be available in multiplayer games.

You can also add the same logo as many times you want, it`s pretty useless but you are allowed to (in that case only give the first one “SP”, otherwise nothing will work)

Save the thing now in your system-folder of UT and you`re finally done! Ok, you could make the serverpackages-entires in the ini-file, but that`s another story :p

Let`s check it out in game! :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
4. The “I am the Best there is, there was, and ever will be” Phase

test, improve, enjoy

Nothing to ad, thank you for reading this small tut and may the frag be with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.