Movers in a matinee fly-through

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

juiblex

Lord of Slime
Sep 20, 2004
Sydney Australia
I swear to god i've searched and searched the wiki and the udn website. Anyway, I've just started learning about the matinee function.

I'm making a camera flythrough of a level I've created (latest Runtime version available at udn). But I have doors in this level, and I would love for them to open as I approach/touch them rather than go straight through the geometry. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,
juiblex

juiblex

Lord of Slime
Sep 20, 2004
Sydney Australia
juiblex said:
But whenever I attempt to put in a subaction, the entire thing crashes. Any way around that?

ok, i'm stupid and i figured that out. I go to the subaction tab, put in a new subactiontrigger, and in the trigger I tried to put the tag of the mover / door I wish to open. I put the subaction in the Action I wish it to occur. I try this, and it doesn't work. I figure there's some kind of hidden little option I've missed somewhere. What have I missed?

I'm so writing up a tute in the wiki once I get this sorted.

juiblex

Lord of Slime
Sep 20, 2004
Sydney Australia
Angel_Mapper said:

HA, IT WORKS. Your tutorial I'd already read, but thankyou very much anyway ;) I... have no reason as to why it now works but didn't before. It also doesn't work in the preview, only the matinee itself.

However, for anyone else.

I placed a mover in the map. It's tag is door1. In the subaction tab, the EventName must also equal door1. The delay and duration you leave to 0, you make sure the subaction occurs in the action and the action in the scene, and it works.

I think the reboot must have done it, in all honesty. Thanks very kindly anyway, my transsexual saviour.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
juiblex said:
I placed a mover in the map. It's tag is door1. In the subaction tab, the EventName must also equal door1. The delay and duration you leave to 0, you make sure the subaction occurs in the action and the action in the scene, and it works.
Well, the first part's a given, but the delay can be whatever you need it to be, it can even extend past the action's length, but not the scene's (i.e. it has to be triggered before the scene ends or it won't trigger at all).