All of BuF recently

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
That was pretty much when I was lurking and on the fence about whether to come back or not. Then a couple guys I was waiting to get banned got banned, so it's safe. :p

You know how the universe works though. You can't just defeat bad posting. For if one troll gets banned, another possibly worse poster will rise to take their place. I don't have to say who it is right now...

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You know how the universe works though. You can't just defeat bad posting. For if one troll gets banned, another possibly worse poster will rise to take their place. I don't have to say who it is right now...

Come on man, I just got back. I'm not THAT bad. Anymore. :p

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
IIRC BeerBaron lied about pretty much everything involving his life, got found out, changed his name to Cap'n Beeb and went on a snark fit like DeeperShade (although he wasn't as good at it.) I may have actually been around for his ban, but I'll be damned if I know for sure.

I thought he morphed into Phil???

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
He also had a son.

fishSlap1a.gif

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
how could anyone have "found out" that he was lying about his personal life?

He claimed he had a girlfriend, and went on IRC with two names....

... and one internet connection...

After being called on it, he admitted it (mind you, only AFTER being discovered).

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
wait wait, are you trying to tell me that one of his IRC names was supposed to be his girlfriend?
did he try to talk like a girl?? and refer to himself in the third person as his own girlfriend? :lol:

I can't make this stuff up. That's actually a thing that happened.

edit: I remember now, the IRC name he used was LadyBeer.

I told you, I can't make this shit up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Again I don't remember the specifics. I've always had a shitty memory, and having been gone for so long doesn't help. Also, that the people who might remember better than me are not here anymore is something else that doesn't help much either. Suffice to say he got found out and I have no idea how. :p

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Whether he faked through most of it or not.. I don't really care or mind. You can't really be sure of anyone anyhow. He was one of the interesting characters around here that made this place what it was. I'll miss his company.

We been to New Caprica and did our thing, now it's time for everyone to get a clean slate.
*slowly cues in with the impact hammer song.

Last edited:

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
All of BUF recently has been revitalizing itself thanks to all those oldtimers that have been crawling out of the woodwork. When new plumb_dumb's threads popped out every day BUF was a horrible place to be. And until recently there was nothing interesting going on in Off-Topic (IMO). Now the "A Confession" thread has made me laugh my butt off and I hope Nemephosis, Gir, Festering Anus, PV, and beyond don't sit around just nostalgy-like and keep the goodies coming.

Hooray to you 2000ers! Please teach us noogais the funneh! Don't go away!

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Yeah there was no way I was gonna post while PD was here. Fuck that.