Importing Music into a Map with UT2004?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Just wondering if this is still the case with UT2004? I remember crashing the music browser plenty and not being able to open the old .umx format with the UnrealEd install that came with UT2003.

It appears the same build, so I'm guessing UMX has well and truely been killed off.

So, I'm wondering, is it possible to embed an .ogg into the map?

Cheers in advance. :)

John

Dreyco

Mar 27, 2004
Yes you can import your music but it must be .ogg (.mp3 causes ut2004 to crash) I have done so already with some of my good fighting music.

Dreyco

Mar 27, 2004
Oh and by the way all you need to do to get the music in is just drop it in the music folder of ut2004. The stadard path is MyComputer>C:>UT2004>Music hope that helps!

Dreyco

Mar 27, 2004
try it, it wont kill you to experiment with it. It might crash, but its part of the learning process, my guess is it only takes .ogg

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Ah right... Yeah, I wasn't perhaps clear enough. :)

I'm talking about storing everything in one binary, y'know, just like you could "OBJ Load Packagename MyLevel" in the previous version.

For example you could have .utx, .uax, .umx, .utx, any unreal package, embedded into the .unr .. Basically, everything embedded into the MyLevel package within the map.

Last edited: