DeusEx: What to do with Upgrade Canisters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morph1ne.MX

Privately Owned Geek
Apr 23, 2000
Mexico City, MEXICO
Hi. I've been playing Deus Ex for some days and i have to say that it is a damn great game. In my personal opinion it beats Half Life hands down. But maybe they don't belong to the same category except becasue they are both first person.

Well, my question is, i'm well advanced into the game, i'm now with the bad guys =), and i have been carrying some Upgrade Canisters for quite a long and i don't know what to do with them. As far as i know, they are upgrades for my augmentations, but i don't find a way to install them or use them.

I have even had to drop some becasue i had no more inventory space. Reading their information they say that i need upgrade screens or something like that, but all that i find uin the game are medbots and the other ones that recharge your bioelectric energy.

So anyone knows how do i install those things or am i better dumbing them?

Sorry for my bad english. i hope you understand

Crager

Ahh...just a player here
Apr 30, 2000
NY
www.teamimmortal.org
You have to use the medbots. When you have canisters and you use a medbot you'll have an option to install augmentations. Each one gives you at least two options in how you use it. (I think). You can see which ones it will work on in the screen that comes up. You have to decide what you want to use it for. The one you pick makes the other one un-updateable at a later time. If I remember correctly.

The Toastman

Apr 19, 2000
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
There are two types of cannisters: Augmentation cannisters and upgrade cannisters. Augmentation cannisters are installed by medbots (not repair bots). Click on a medbot, and if you have any augmentation cannisters there will be two tabs across the top of the medbot interface: health and augmentations. Click the augmentation tab and you will be on the screen to install augmentations. Upgrade cannisters increase the power of an installed Augmentation. To use them, simply open your inventory screen, click the augs tab, highlight the aug you wish to upgrade and click the upgrade button at the bottom of the screen. Hope that helps.

Morph1ne.MX

Privately Owned Geek
Apr 23, 2000
Mexico City, MEXICO
Thanks for all your replies. I just discovered that Upgrade button. hehe. and now i am angry becasue since i didn't know how to use them i had to drop some of them before in order to free inventory space, grrrr. hehe..

Another reason to start from the beggining =P