Is Having 2 "primary" type weapons cheap??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is having 2 "Primary" type weapons cheap?

• YES!!! I hate all you cheaters

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • NO!!! thats why the guns a have straps

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, but I'm gonna milk it till they fix it

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Excelsiore

Binary Liberation Front
Mar 23, 2001
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Is the H&K 69A1 Grenade launcher a primary weapon?If it is nobody will use it if you can only have one primary and then the M203 whores will really start to own.

Penalizing the bulk values of the M203 (it's specific values) and those of the 40 mm greandes are IMHO the wrong way to go about solving the issues people have with them. Arming distance and bounce are more important, at least to me, but it doesn't seem the INF team is going to do anything about those 2 things.

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
The problem of how much stuff one can carry is a relevant one. There is a problem if someone walks around with every weapon thats available and can acturlly use any of them (you simply can't pack that many weapons on your body and still use any of them effectivly. Much less change weapons quickly). Now if they would automatically pull around a little red wagon with the weapons in. It would be fine ;)

But 1 'primary weapons' (I persume that's everything bug 'nades and pistols and HK69) is too strict a limit. There is nothing stopping anyone from having a SIG551 (or M16) and a shootgun with them at all times. Personally I prefer that combo over having a pistol as the 'secondary'. The Shootgun is much more effective in closed quarters and short range than a pistol. And there is really no limitations in the game that makes a pistol more useful then a rifle in a situatiuon.

Last edited:

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
When the new bulk system comes in I won't consider it cheap to carry 3 or even 4 primary weapons, because you would have to balance your mix of capabilities wth the penalty they incure.
Right now I think it's approiate for someone to carry two at max.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
I don't loadout with more than one primary weapon but if I see one lying around on the ground, I may pick it up depending on the situation.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Hmmm.....

Having more than 1 primary is not ......... cheap I guess.
This point will become moot (thanx poaw) once the new bulk system is in place, I'd imagine having more than 1 primary weapon will be detrimental. Right now, with the bulk system as it is, having more than 1 primary weapon is used by everyone so its not really cheap.
But once the bulk system is in place, lighter users will have to take a handgun, while people favoring more firepower will be taking the PDW, Mini-uzi, and (not sure about bulk here) the Remington.
All this has been said but I thought I would re-inforce.

Last edited:

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
The word you were looking for is moot
----------------------

Many people choose to only use a single primary weapon. I limit myself to either a PSG-1, M3, or M16/203 and take a Desert Eagle for a backup.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
once there are more 'PDW' type weapons in the game, it will be less of an issue. if i were a special forces sniper, i would much rather have a MP5K PDW than a beretta, and i'm sure i would be able to carry one along with my robar, which is my planned loadout once it makes it in. i think it's alright, i have a robar, and a MP5, and my bulk is 22, well within reasonable limits i feel.

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
I figure if I won't be able to do it in the future I'm not gonna do it now, because then I won't have to adjust.

youareok

May 12, 2001
vancouver
Visit site
primary weapons

i carry a fully loaded shotgun, fully loaded mp5, a swat team gun with scope for snipe, and fully loaded m16 without scope.

I think what i need is some iron armor now.

if i can detach the sniper scope from my gun, i would only carry either m16 or the swat gun. There are just time when the scope gets in my way, so i carry them both to switch...

[PiP]Celtan

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
May 13, 2000
www.pipeline-games.com
I think INF is meant as a simulation, with the primary goal being ultimately realistic.
And I do not think that there are so many soldiers out there which are carrying a Robar, a M16 with M203 and a MP5.

And because INF is not yet tweaked to make loadouts like this impossible, I think that using such a loadout is exploiting a bug in INF.
And this is bug-using and therefore ... cheating

just my two cents ...

Trak

Rampant Suicide Machine
Mar 19, 2001
Nashville
www.uglymachine.com
I voted no but....

I would like to qualify it a little. Shotguns can be carried on your back in a sheath. Submachineguns aren't longrifles. I think a shotgun and a longrifle of some sort or a longrifle and smg isn't necessarily 'cheating' or 'cheap', since these weapons are in sort of a grey area in my opinion.

TheSniper

Im Everywhere!
Mar 18, 2001
Re: I voted no but....

Originally posted by Trak
I would like to qualify it a little. Shotguns can be carried on your back in a sheath. Submachineguns aren't longrifles. I think a shotgun and a longrifle of some sort or a longrifle and smg isn't necessarily 'cheating' or 'cheap', since these weapons are in sort of a grey area in my opinion.

LOL id like to see you carry a Benelli in a sheath...:D