debrief screen instead of scoreboard ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
While it should not matter how many kills/points you got compared to the other players.
You still need to know how good you & your team were in that game.

// another name, better atmosphere and different idea :
The name 'scoreboard' makes this sound too much like you are in some kind of competition instead of a war.
So changing the name to 'debriefing' (at the end of the round) and 'OpFor Intel' (or something like that during mid-game) would at least fit better in the simulation 'Infiltration' is trying to be.

// What is in it ?
Generic :
  • name of the map (of course)
  • teamnames of every team in game ('Blue team' vs 'Red team' or something mapspecific like 'USSR 1st Division' vs 'Delta Force')
  • the estimated percentage of survivors per team
  • known number of survivors for your team
  • casualties for your team
  • the names of the (accidental) teamkillers on your side
  • -personal stats-

- in game -
  • percentage of objectives completed
  • the objectives on that map
  • if the status of objective(s) is 'complete'/'failed'/'XX %'-complete

- debrief -
  • confirmed kills on the opposing force
  • Mission failed / accomplished
  • How well the mission was done (time/casualties/objectives completed etc.)

- personal statistics -
  • efficiency : shots fired vs kills
  • survival rating : kills vs deaths/wounds suffered
  • most feared weapon : what weapon killed you the most (or did the most damage)
  • personal enemy : enemy responsible for most of your wounds/deaths

note :
'Confirmed kill' :
an ememy killed by one teammember and who was seen killed by at least one other.

estimating the number of survivors :
the more confirmed kills, the more accurate the number of survivors is going to be.
If more teammembers see the same teammember killing the enemy, then the accuracy of the survival-count also increases.

example :
- enemy killed by 1 player : kill not confirmed
- enemy killed by 1 player, but two teammates see the kill : kill confirmed
if there were 6 players on the team, you get 50% (3/6) chance of getting an accurate survival-count.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
This would be a nice addition to the pnew prosed damage system.

In that case a kill would have to be confirmed manually by use of a voice command.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
A manual 'kill confirm' would be too much IMHO.

Just having a 'line of sight' will do, as you are most likely to be too busy (looking for the other enemies, covering your teammate, engaging enemies of yourself) to even think about confirming each and every kill you see.

Besides :
With the running/leaning/reloading/quick-action/crouch/jump/prone-keys I've got enough to use at the moment.

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Yep...

I second the motion...except I would change the efficiency to two stats:
Accuracy - shots fired vs shots landed (not necessarily killing shots)
and
Damage inflicted - again, this would be pure damage-based.

This is so you can see whether you're 'spraying and praying' :)

Then you have your normal kills vs. deaths stat.

[L]-Damodred

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
Great idea

What would be really good, a Community build thing (what I LOVED about Rogue spear) is in the debriefing thingy you have a server set amount of time (say 1 minute) with the Stats and also a chat box, which you can talk to teammates and foes. One thing I don't like about UT Q3 is it doesnt seem personal, you never get to chat with your teammates, that would offer a great "teambuilding" time period.

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Hey!

That's a pretty neat idea which should appeal to serious INF players. A minute isn't very long (so it won't take away from gameplay), and it should also separate the whiners from the men :)

In Limey Clan, we use the time between rounds to discuss tactics for next map over RogerWilco, and take that time to figure out what went wrong (if anything, LOL) in the previous round. It's of immeasurable value. Maybe it'll reduce the LoneRanger mentality as well, to have a minute to team-up with others who are also willing...

I would also add that during the post-war discussion minute, the Server should display which map is next so players could prepare, knowing what they're going to be facing.

[L]-Damodred

TheSniper

Im Everywhere!
Mar 18, 2001
Yep god idea, scoreboards are what rushers only care about. Take it away and I think most of the points freaks will either start to play like a team or leave.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
A manual 'kill confirm' would be too much IMHO.

Just having a 'line of sight' will do, as you are most likely to be too busy (looking for the other enemies, covering your teammate, engaging enemies of yourself) to even think about confirming each and every kill you see.

I always check if i killed the enemy (with the disapearing people bug you can never be too carefull) I think it would add to the need for teamwork as it remains uncertain that the enemy is dead, you have to keep expecting the enemy to pop up anywahere untill you see his corpse.