Fog.. I feel real stupid... ;)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

domin8r

Sep 24, 2000
www.troscyberlab.nl
Allrighty... I have some staircases in my level which in my optique need fog.. So I followed the tutorial @ planetunreal but without result :(
I'll fill u in about the exact situation : The staircase is 'carved' out of the wall with subtract.. it has some stairs, some lights and some pathnodes in it.. allright so far.. I now added a zoneportal (which is allright since I can turn the whole staircase into a waterzone without probs).. I then add a zoneinfo and set it to fog.. I've set all the lights according to the tutorial but no fog whatsoever appears in the staircase.. I've also tried it again from scratch (a few times)..

Any ideas please ??

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
First you won't see the fog inside the editor,but in the game.
If you can't see it in the game,try playing with the fog properties under 'light'(fogvolume,light,etc...)
Also you must know that the so-called fog is not really a mass of cloud but just the effect for the brushes and objects located far from the player to fade into a colour.
So you might not see it in some situations (small rooms).
And don't forget in the game advanced properties to enable fog of course ! ;)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
You CAN see the fog in the editor! Just rebuild.

You must set the ZoneInfo to "bfogzone = true"

Then coose one light and play around with the "FogVolume" and "FogBrightness" settings! That should work.

domin8r

Sep 24, 2000
www.troscyberlab.nl
Thanx a lot !! I'll look into these things and see if it helps :D

Hmmm.. 8-4-7-2 sneaked that one in while I was typing this one :D I allready did that without result :( But I'll keep on trying !

[Edited by domin8r on 10-07-2000 at 12:39 PM]

X

Soul on Ice
Apr 24, 2000
ON,CA
you probably enabled volumetric lighting(enableing fog), it's off by default(for slower systems) so you need to go into advanced options and enable it