UT3 DM-Extraction

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
[Updated 06/20/09]DM-Extraction [Pics][Beta][PC]

I have been working on this map for a while and I just started textured. All meshes and textures are totally custom. I will need beta testers soon if any one is interested. Thanks for checking it out.

060409a.jpg

060409b.jpg

060409c.jpg

060409d.jpg

060409e.jpg

Last edited:

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
I'm not sure how the layout will be, at present it looks pretty spacious, but the style looks good. I'd saturate the lighting a little bit more, get some more blue and adjust the whiter tones. Also, in shot three you have a white beam-o-light but a bright yellow spot light, change its material and it will look more natural.

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
Yes! Thank you so much, your one of the first poeple to give me some actual feedback on this map! That's exactly what I need, I have been looking at it so long that I didn't even notice the difference in color between the light and light volume.

So you think it is too desaturated? I will play with that more, I kept it low because I thought it pushed the large gloomy cavern environment a little more, but I haven't messed with it that much.

Would you be interested in being a beta tester?

Tanks again. :)

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
Ok, here is a really rough Alpha version, not all the textures are in place. Any feedback, no matter how harsh is welcome. :)

Download it here.

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
Of course, be my guest! The feedback the better. This is my second map ever, so i'm sure it has less than refined game play. But yeah, any issues you run into, just post it here.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The style of this map reminds me of a Warfare idea I had where the cores could only be attacked by two Raptors or maybe Cicadas that had to fly down long canyons on either side of the map that were lined with turrets (and teleporters between the turrets). Looks great!

razer121

Jun 6, 2009
well...whenever i try to load it, it crashes......im putting it in the right folder ent i? which btw is the published custom maps folder...

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
Yes, that is the correct folder. This was cooked with the 2.0 patch and the Titan pack. When does it crash?

While the map loads? or when you click the mouse to start the game? It did that to me a few times. I will look into this right now. Thanks for letting me know.

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
ok, I will re-cook and post it again, I just tried it and it ran fine for me. I wonder if any one else has this problem.

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
Crap, this may not be good, I cant seem to re-create this problem. It has before and all it took was a rebuild and a recook and it worked just fine. I am going to try that first. Rebuilding it now....

Edit: Just tested it and just crashed for me...

Last edited:

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
No, I am going back through previous versions and recompiling them to see if they work and so far all of them make UT crash. It seems likely that it has something to do with materials, because I have just been messing around with them, they may not be very "solid" if you know what I mean.:(

Edit: Most likely it has something to do with the packages I have made for this map, previous versions do the exact same thing.

Last edited:

razer121

Jun 6, 2009
ok, just decided to add this map of yours to my unrealed and i i got this message

"the source prefabs for some Prefabinstances could not be loaded so were removed from the map"

theres then a long list, is this possibly your problem?

also after the map loads there is just the terrain nothing else, well lights yes but not static mesh's or such? maybe you need to add teh meshs and that to the folder?? i dont know just giving you feedback hoping this helps....

Last edited:

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
Hmmm, when I build a map and then cook it, doesn't that package everything into just the map file? Or do I need to include my "staticMesh" package with the map? That may be part of it... Still trying to figure it out.

Edit: ok I think I made some progress! I was able to cook it and play it, but had to get rid of the textures. So I am going to make sure it works a few more times and then post a version with only the default texture. I think I may have to start over with my materials... We shall see.

Thanks for the help Razer and McLogenog.

Last edited:

razer121

Jun 6, 2009
yea i think it may be your static mesh's. seems they dont come with it and unreal ed couldnt find them...?

Johnny x1900

Jan 14, 2006
Alright, I will include the meshes with the map this time...

Ok, uploading new map with packages. I just tested it 3 times and it worked fine for me. It must have had something to do with materials and the terrain. Now that I think about it, I didn't make a terrain material for the second layer of the terrain. LOL, I think that was the only problem, among all the thing I tried, the map started working after that. I think all of just needs to be extracted to the CookedPC/CustomMaps directory. Let me check...

Maybe...

Anyway, here is the new version:

Download it here.

Last edited: