XMP-Anubis-II is ready...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
XMP-Anubis-II is ready for testing. Basicaly the map is finished I just want some feed back. There will be a final revision in roughly a week or two.
The map is downloadable from the redirect site in .uz2 compression format so you'll have to deal with that. Below you'll find a few rough screen shots to drool over. I'm finding that test play through the editor yields the desirable lighting but when I connect to the map on the server it becomes darker and I have no clue why, maybe someone else has an idea?

The link: Here

Attachments

• Shot21.jpg
    Shot21.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Shot20.jpg
    Shot20.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Shot19.jpg
    Shot19.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Shot18.jpg
    Shot18.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Shot16.jpg
    Shot16.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

[DW]Bcwair03

Now known as {DW}Mitsurugi
Mar 12, 2004
hey nice map havent played it yet, but from the pictures it looks cool. ill be sure to try it later today and give you some feedback

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
if u had compressed it with winrar it would have been about 5mb :(

/EDIT i take that backdidnt ralise it was like 50mb lol

Last edited:

moeptier

Jan 7, 2004
-=McBean=- said:
This map is gonna take me a while to down...
Roughly 2hrs for 24mb :(

100%[=====================>] 25,180,810 3.80M/s ETA 00:00
18:09:45 (3.80 MB/s) - `XMP-Anubis-II-Beta1.unr.uz2' saved

:D

I wasn't able to test it until yet, but one question: is there no radar available oder just disabled via F11?

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
moeptier said:
100%[=====================>] 25,180,810 3.80M/s ETA 00:00
18:09:45 (3.80 MB/s) - `XMP-Anubis-II-Beta1.unr.uz2' saved

:D

I wasn't able to test it until yet, but one question: is there no radar available oder just disabled via F11?

The beta version dosn't include radar.

moeptier

Jan 7, 2004
But u will insert a radar in final version, right? :)
Saw a lot of new maps last weeks and really missed radar in them ...

i've posted your map in our german xmp-forum:
http://xmpforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391

some of us will test it and maybe the map will be uploaded on german G4-Server.

Last edited:

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
''I'm finding that test play through the editor yields the desirable lighting but when I connect to the map on the server it becomes darker and I have no clue why, maybe someone else has an idea?''

The editor does that to me too... dunno why, but if you watch when you open u2ED (on my pc anyhoo) the screen gets brighter ie more gamma or whatever...

hmmm... :eek:

i_am_Loki

god of mischief
Feb 21, 2004
-=McBean=- said:
This map is gonna take me a while to down...

Roughly 2hrs for 24mb :(

just out of curiosity i dl'd the map. it took me oh about 1 min 50 sec. to dl :D

/Edit i see it was edited. maybe he put a smaller filesize on it. I wasn't payin attention

Last edited:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
I tested it myself, and i have to say that you did a good job optimizing the level, i checked , and it is fairly good

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
Twrecks said:
Forgive my ignorance... WTF is a UZ2?
I can do zip-n-rar's
Of all people to ask that...lol...I figured you'd know o_O
It's the ucc compression method. You can take advantage of a third party app to do it or use a simple batch file for example:
;
;
;
I:\u2xmp\system\ucc compress I:\u2xmp\maps\XMP-Alcazar.unr
;
;
;
Would compress the map file. Just change the command "compress" to "decompress" for the opposite effect. Just make sure the .uz(2) file is in the correct folder according to it's type and that the paths in the .bat file are correct.

You can grab the .bat file HERE

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Learn something new everyday :tup:

Question: to get the meshes in XMP did you export brushes and textures for 2k3/4, import textures then brushes into XMP? Because as far as I know opening texture and mesh packages cross editors doesn't work. And was the map BSP also imported via similar means or was recreated? I guess I'll know in:

another 2hr 15min...

Harley Davidson

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
Twrecks said:
Learn something new everyday :tup:

Question: to get the meshes in XMP did you export brushes and textures for 2k3/4, import textures then brushes into XMP? Because as far as I know opening texture and mesh packages cross editors doesn't work. And was the map BSP also imported via similar means or was recreated? I guess I'll know in:

another 2hr 15min...
Meshes were brought into max6 and either remapped then textured in UED or textured and exported. BSP was transformed permanently and imported.
I wanted to stay as true to the original as possible so there are very few "new" textures.
The final release will have slight changes to the architexture as to accomodate XMP's game play characteristics.

Status
Not open for further replies.