Radeon X800 GTO

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dwax

AHH TEH KILLA BEEZ
Feb 6, 2002
SOUTH DAKOTA
dustywax.us
I have it,don't think i need to change the cooling.it only gets to 65C on heavy load.and that's with 16 pipes opened up,and clocked to 420 core 520 mem

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
See, mines from PowerColor, and its only the R420. So basically its only 12 pipes. I just wanted to know if it was better to get new cooling for it.

dwax

AHH TEH KILLA BEEZ
Feb 6, 2002
SOUTH DAKOTA
dustywax.us
Yea I have the 430 core in mine,My other PC It came with the 16 pipes already no unlocking. How hot dose your card run?? i think it can go up to 80c with out worring.Can you control the fan speed? I have mine set at 35% untill it gets up to 60C and then it kicks up to 85% then at 80C it go's to 100% But I have never seen it go past 65C.

dwax

AHH TEH KILLA BEEZ
Feb 6, 2002
SOUTH DAKOTA
dustywax.us
Here's a screen shot of the fan settings i have.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

dwax

AHH TEH KILLA BEEZ
Feb 6, 2002
SOUTH DAKOTA
dustywax.us
Looks good,except I would back the above 60 to about 55...and then for your 65 temp i would set it at 100% from there on up. esp if you say your running hot on you GPU. If it stays down,then you can lower it. Heat on the GPU is bad... it will warp the card and make it a paper weight.

I would also let it start up with windows.that way it will auto set the fan on start up.

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
I should mention it's a very good card. Bought AGP version about week ago and it performs very well.