Is Deus Ex multiplayer fun?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
If you're used to fast standard-UT-style-gameplay, you should know that DXMP is VERY slow, so you will have to get used to it. I only played it a few times, and it seemed to me that the rocket launcher is the strongest weapon (but maybe I was wrong, maybe it's just that everyone takes it 'cause they're used to rocket launchers from Quake and UT etc.), but I guess DXMP can be interesting too 'cause you need more tactics there. Or, at least you have to chose your strengths after spawning. Just try it, maybe you'll like it, it's just very different from UT in terms of map size, speed etc.

Bots: There are bots you can d/l at http://teamuc.deus-ex.org/ or somehwere in the downloads section of www.deusexcenter.com (the difference is that you get it zipped here, and with a readme with the installation instructions you can see on Team UC's site). They aren't too useful tho; I didn't try them yet, you have to put them into the map yourself with Ued, and from what I've read they don't do a lot more than just shoot back.

KookieM

A Designer
Nov 17, 2001
www.geocities.com
I'm more well known in the DX community so I can tell you ;)
DXMP is definitely a change in pace to other MP games focusing more on augmentations, skills and tactics rather than twitch reactions. To appreciate DXMP you have to first be used to DX Single Player otherwise you WILL find the speed and accuracy rather annoying if you are coming from a UT/Quake/Counterstrike perspective. Other than that, it is really quite fun

There are nearly no bots, the DX bots already mentioned above. DX is first and foremost an SP and was pretty flawless SP wise. MP wise it is a little buggy.

Hope that answers your question.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
No it actually is better than decent. Look at www.deusex2.com if it still exists it has nice screenies and looks even better than the first I can't wait!

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
I thought Deus Ex multiplayer was a blast. Never played it online though, just on my home network. More of a thinking man's game than most fps's.

CCFreak2K

Jun 25, 2004
Because the game relies heavily on tactics, skills and augmentations, it follows that multiplyer does too.

I like to play on the servers with the custom packages and custom maps. There's some crazy stuff people can make.