Is This loadout acceptable?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

"Sp!ke"

I was just wondering: 4 nades, beretta with 2 clips and hk 69.
Is this a nade spamming whore loadout?

And could someone also post all their "acceptable" reaøistic loadouts?

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with it. I sometimes use something similar, but the 3 nade limit doesn't make it an effective loadout.
But if you wait in a corner, waiting for someone to appear right in front of you, then blasting them with a nade - You are scum.
Those 40mm's are specialized weapons, they aren't just used for "combat". You would be more of a support weapon for your team, much like a saw gunner.
I belive there were soldiers given that sort of loadout in Vietnam(with a heluva lot more nades and types of them) Don't know how effective it was in combat.
The two problems are the 3 nade limit, and the fact that noone seems to know how to use them in the first place.

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Basically, if you can carry it, it's real :D

Rifle + sidearm + nade + knife - all those are good. Mine personal fave is either sig + 5-7 + 2 nades, or p90 + M9 + 2 nades

One exception that's currently accepted (by some) is Robar + MP5, since there isn't a PDW in-game...but once the Uzi is in, the Mp5/robar combo will be scum too :)

So your nade launcher is the 'rifle', then you got yer sidearm, then some nades and knife...so yer good to go, I think...

Damodred

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Once the Uzi comes out, I would use that to replace the hndgun in that loadout, I think.

Hehe, I'm going to replace all my handguns in my loadouts with an uzi! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!111! I'm so 1337!!!!11!!!!

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Snipers don't carry pdw's if you take anything more then a handgun then your not a real sniper

also is it acceptable to take a hk69 with an mp5? i consider the hk69 to be a secondary weapon, and when you can carry a m203 on a m16 i don't see a problem with carrying a grenade luancher that you have to switch to with your mp5

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
the only loadout I carry a hk69 is with my akmsu...

and btw you should really take more ammo for your m9:)

right now my loadout is "seals marksman"

m16+ACOG+m203
4 clips
beretta
full clips
2nades

yes I HAVE seen this (well except for the m9... but since it's small and everyone carries two weapons for quick reload, I don't have much choice... besides.. m9 rulez!)

Originally posted by asmodeus

right now my loadout is "seals marksman"

m16+ACOG+m203
4 clips
beretta
full clips
2nades

yes I HAVE seen this (well except for the m9... but since it's small and everyone carries two weapons for quick reload, I don't have much choice... besides.. m9 rulez!)

<furtive look> M-16 with ACOG and M-203?? What the hell are you thinking! <furtive look> You're going to bring down the Wrath of Yuch!!! <runs away>

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Theres nothing wrong with putting an ACOG, or any other scope, and an M203 onto an M16 in RL. If you can manage to hit things with a weapon so badly unbalanced then power to you.

Personally I used to hate having to put Big scopes onto my service rifle. It makes them very unstable and tiring to hold/use. As to the M203, I find it changes my grip on the weapon so much that again my shooting is effected.

If INF could model these difficulties you'd see less people carrying this type of loadout, and the ones that do using them properly. An M203 is designed to place a grenade where you want it. It is mostly used in FIBUA, and prepared possition assults and defenses. Out in the open its just so much extra weight to have to hump around.

Scopes on the other hand are generally alot more use.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
unless i was in a dedicated marksman role, i personally hated having a scope on my weapon, not so much for its bulk, but for its view limitations, be they the FOV of the scope, or the fact that it makes the iron sights almost unusable (think the FAMAS iron sights currently in inf)... at least for the 4x scopes each squad is issued in the singapore army for the m16... the SAR-21's scope and accompanying iron sights are actually incredibly useful... but i digress...

as for the m203, i find it helps my long range shooting and acquisition due to the extra barrel weight... allows me to make follow-up shots much more rapidly (put it this way: i can practically double tap a target at 100m with the m203 underslung)...

but tiffy's right, the grip is something you've got to get used to...

FunkyShyte

Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by Snake13
Snipers don't carry pdw's if you take anything more then a handgun then your not a real sniper
ok then im not a real sniper, i can live with that. :p

im carefully switching between snipe/sneak modes and im going to keep my supressed mp5 for that purpose.
if you want to punish that, make switching times longer. encourages thinking and positioning.
a robar on my clothing hanging over my shoulder sure wouldnt make much noise. what would it clank against? we have covers for all gear over here, or do you carry your mags and stuff metal dry in your belt in the us army? i doubt it.
2 rifles shouldered though are complete bull****. thats why i dont carry a handgun. i dont think that should be possible, or should be a) REALLY loud and b) REALLY bulky and c) REALLY hard to fumble out the right rifle ;) (switchign time)

jsut my $0.02

Asmodeus said, "I saw an actual navy seal with the frigging gun! Otherwise I would not use it (ok maybe it wasn't an acog, but it certainly was a scope)."

And Tiffy said, "Theres nothing wrong with putting an ACOG, or any other scope, and an M203 onto an M16 in RL. If you can manage to hit things with a weapon so badly unbalanced then power to you."

OK, someone with RL experience with the m203 please answer this once and for all. Personal opinions regarding practicality aside, CAN you (considering only hardware compatibility) use the m203 in conjunction with an ACOG? I've quit using the m203 because someone who I thought would know said, awhile back in another thread, that it -cannot- be used with a scope, and I find it difficult to place the m40 round with iron sights. With that and the 2-nade limit, I found it no longer practical. However, I find it easy to use with a scope.

Here's one thing that might make it impractical to use the acog with the m203 IRL even if the hardware is compatible, though: right now, that combination is useful in Infiltration because you can aim the m203 with the acog. IRL, though, I suspect, you would have to elevate the weapon so far that you would not be able to see the point of impact through the acog (your view would be far above the impact point). Am I correct in this?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
something else i'd like to see is smaller view areas when zoomed, WWIIOL models this quite nicely, the less you zoom the smaller your view area. That would stop everybody and their dog taking a ACOG or any other scoped weapon on every occasion.

As for the robar + any other weapon:

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU KIDDING?

YOU ARE NOT ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER! the robar alone UNLOADED weighs 11Kg, now i assume you want ammo with that robar as well, slap on some more Kg's and you STILL ant to take an MP5 (which weighs in at some 3 and a half Kg loaded) that is 14+ KG for just 2 unloaded weapons. Now add ammo and grenades and the word turtle comes to mind.

&

&quot;Sp!ke&quot;

Fur you seem to know a bit about the RC50: Is the mag on the rifle in-game too small? Ive seen those .50 rounds a few places now and they are HUGE, and I find it hard to belive that you can get 5 of those into that little box...
You got any pics?

And dosnt real snipers have their gun and nothing else?

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
Nice Post from TheViper. Is the FOV with ACOG and M203 right? With ironsight the view to your target is blocked by weapon, with scope you can see the target and also much things lower than target. Why this?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
because it is wrong?

anyway

From robarguns.com
RC-50 & RC-50F
FEATURES: A state ofthe art, super accurate .50 caliber rifle with a muzzle break that is smaller and more efficient than any currently on the market. The rifle includes a fully machined Weaver style scope base.
CALIBER: .50 BMG
ACTION: Custom built by Robar.
BARREL: Chrome molly match grade barrel at 29 inces. Includes match chamber and crown.
STOCK: McMillian Fiberglass Stocks, Inc. fiberglass/composite stock with aluminum pillars and steel epoxy bedding, Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad, Parker Hale bipod stud free floated barrel chamber. Also included is a "non-slip" package with the color of you choice (black, grey, tan or green).
CAPACITY: 5 round detachable box magazine.
TRIGGER: Modified Remington with a recomended 2.5 lb. release.
FINISH: Roguard on receiver and barrel. NP3 on bolt, magazine, and all internals
ACCURACY: Guaranteed 1/2 M.O.A. at 1000 yards for 3 shots with appropriate ammo.
OPTIONS: Scope, bipod, case, drag bag, cleaning kit, tool kit, aftermarket trigger, camouflage, folding stock and additional magazines.
WEIGHT: Approximately 25 pounds.

and a pic:
rc50.gif

FunkyShyte

Nov 5, 2000
>> fur
UNLOADED weighs 11Kg, now i assume you want ammo with that robar as well, slap on some more Kg's and you STILL ant to take an MP5 (which weighs in at some 3 and a half Kg loaded) that is 14+ KG for just 2 unloaded weapons. Now add ammo and
<<

so you are saying you cant carry 12 kg on one shoulder, another 1 or 2 in your belt (which matters far less), while aiming with a 3kg MG? ok it would be hard to hold steady aim long, but im talking aiming the MG here and not the rifle.
of course you would have to be careful with it hanging there. but normally you move careful in inf anyways, dont you?
the only problem i see there is the stupid backpack. with it and the rifle you would be in trouble :(
but then, did you ever see a soldier go into a known and planned enemy engagement with a full backpack??
im only taking 1 robar mag and 2 mp5 mags, and will happily leave out the 2 frag grenades for realisms sake. yes i do run out of ammo sometimes, but it makes me think twice and get a safe on point shot.